Top 10 Hotels in Avignon Reviews
Choosing hotels in Avignon is a very important step on your journey to explore this historical and cultural center of France that is perhaps best known for its 14th century papal presence. Avignon is at times referred to as second Rome having served as an official residence for seven Popes.
Read below to find out which hotels in Avignon we have carefully selected for your next French vacation.
1. Grand Hotel Avignon is a deluxe 4-star lodging facility located in the heart of historical Avignon. It’s among the most well recognized hotels in Avignon completed with a rooftop pool, interior garden and many more amenities to delight true travel connoisseurs. Staying at the Grand Hotel Avignon means you will be surrounded by elegant décor using rich woods, expensive tapestries and tasteful wall art pieces to create a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere.
2. Golf Grand Avignon Hotel is strategically placed within a 10 minute walk from downtown Avignon. This ideal 4-star Avignon escape offers royal amenities to its visitors like a large 18-hole golf course completed with 34 posts to practice on water. For your enjoyment you can swim in an outdoor swimming pool, indulge in relaxing spa treatments and fine dining at the local La Cuisine d’Olivier restaurant.
3. Hotel Cloître Saint Louis Avignon is embellished with a 4-star mark. You will be welcomed to a serene and relaxing atmosphere enclosed in a historical XVI century building that served multiple roles throughout the centuries. It was first built to house a religious school, later transformed into a military hospital and home for the elderly. After a complete and thorough renovation in 1990, the Hotel shines with a combination of ancient architecture and modern interior design. Enjoy a roof top sun terrace, outdoor pool and many more luxurious amenities.
4. Hotel de l Horloge Avignon is conveniently located in the center of Avignon just within 2 kilometers from the well-known Palais des Papes. Choose this 3-star hotel if you love to roam along the narrow cobbled streets of the walled city of Avignon. Once you grow tired, you can drop by any chic café or restaurant to sample France’s regional cuisine. Hotel’s 66 cozy rooms are elegantly decorated in a classic French style offering modern day amenities including air conditioners, satellite TV, internet access and many more. Make sure to take a taxi and see town’s famous Avignon Bridge in close proximity to the hotel.
5. Hotel d Europe Avignon is a stunning 4-star establishment offering exquisite and luxurious rooms and suites when you travel France. The location could not be better chosen for this magnificent hotel in the center of Avignon. Enjoy your fine dining experience in a beautiful courtyard setting surrounded by Mediterranean trees and flowers. All word descriptions will fall short of detailing the splendor of this Hotel in Avignon. Perhaps the fact that many presidents and major political figures choose this hotel while staying in France will help you decide to pick this place during your honeymoon or romantic escape.
6. Inter Hotel du Parc is your Avignon’s 3-star getaway offering a sparkling outdoor pool, sun deck, great lounge bar and many amenities. The hotel is located a few miles from the historical downtown of Avignon, fine dining and shopping. The hotel recommends exploring Avignon by renting a bike to fully appreciate its fantastic architecture and splendid views.
7. Kyriad Avignon 2-star Hotel is conveniently located literally next door to all main attractions in Avignon on the Place de l’Horloge square. You will be provided with basic amenities to ensure comfortable and warm stay. Ideal location makes town exploration by foot especially enjoyable.
8. Bristol Hotel is built in a town-house architectural style in close proximity to the Old City of Avignon. You can reach the city’s center by taking a short train ride at the station located within 150 meters form the hotel. This 3-star establishment is proud to offer its guests 67 brightly decorated rooms balanced out with neutral wall colors. Enjoy a full breakfast service at the sunny breakfast salon.
9. Roques is a 3-star hotel located in the suburbs of Avignon taking you farther from the hustle and bustle of the busy city. From May to September guests can swim in a sparkling outdoor pool surrounded by a Mediterranean flower garden. Roques Hotel is perhaps a perfect vacation setting for a person preferring quiet countryside to busy cities.
10. Regina 2-star hotel is among the most budget friendly hotels in Avignon located in close proximity to the Popes Palace and city’s other important attractions. Simple décor and basic amenities allow for great family vacations. Wireless Internet access and continental breakfasts are pleasant additions to your next stay in Avignon.