Top 10 Hollywood Tourist Attractions
Hollywood attracts so many visitors each year. Some are aspiring actors in search of their 15 minutes of fame, but most are tourists in search of all the Hollywood tourist attractions.
1. Hollywood Sign – The Hollywood landmarks of landmarks is perched high in the hills and can be seen for miles around. Initially meant as a temporary advertisement for a new housing development project in 1923, the sign gained so much attention it became part of the L.A. backdrop. Additionally, 3000 Canyon Lake Drive marks the best place to see the Hollywood sign.
2. Hollywood Walk of Fame—It use to be, that if you were a celebrity you knew you made it when they placed your star on Hollywood Blvd. Today’s criteria is a bit different, however it is still a great honor and accomplishment to be given a Walk of Fame star.
3. Sunset Strip – Known for its boutiques, restaurants and nightclubs. Odds are also in your favor to have plenty of celebrity sightings as many of them reside in the hills above Sunset Strip. You can also take a Hollywood tourist attractions tour to see the home of celebrities in the area.
4. Universal Studios – Not just a theme park, but still an active live set and movie studio. The park serves as an entertainment vessel to draw people in to give them an insider’s point of view of what a real life movie set looks like. Current TV talk shows and series are also filmed there, many in front of live audiences.
5. Grauman’s Chinese Theater – Known since 1927 for its red carpet and star studded events. It’s also home to Forecourt of Stars and added to the Hollywood tourist attractions list. Nearly 200 footprints, handprints and celebrity autographs are immortalized in cement in front of the theater. It is also still an active movie theater playing current box office smash hits.
6. Madame Tussand’s Wax Museum – Home of all the Hollywood A listers wax figure statues and busts. It opened its doors next to the Chinese Theater Hollywood in 2009 and became an instant success. Bring your camera and have your photo taken to your favorite celebrity wax figure.
7. Hollywood Nightlife – There are way too many clubs to name, but a night on the town in Hollywood will be interesting and entertaining to say the least. You’ll find dance clubs, comedy clubs and clubs with live bands.
8. Hollywood Bowl – A half dome band shell amphitheater known best for hosting incredible musical concerts and is home to the Los Angeles Philharmonic. Also among one of the most recognized Hollywood tourist attractions.
9. Attend a TV Show taping – Getting tickets for some TV show tapings for talk shows and game shows is as easy as mailing in a request. Being a part of a TV audience really gives you a true Hollywood experience. Be warned, as fun as it sounds prepare yourself for long lines and long periods of waiting in between tapings.
10. Hollywood and Highland Center – Very busy shopping complex and Los Angeles attractions. It was a revitalization project to rejuvenate attention back into Grauman’s Chinese Theater in 2001. The project was a success and it draws thousands of visitors and locals each day.
Hollywood is a staple in the Los Angeles area. There is always something happening in the city and this will prove helpful as you plan your vacation.