Great Smoky Mountains National Park attractions are fun and exciting. It’s the perfect place for young children and anyone who loves nature and wilderness. Some areas seem untouched by a man.
Your next vacation to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park should be planned in advance. This will ensure that you will have the opportunity to explore and enjoy.
The top 10 Great Smoky Mountains National Park attractions are listed below:
1. Deep Creek –This is a combination of Great Smoky Mountain National Park lodging and attractions. Deep Creek campground has the Indian Creek trails where you can spend hours on your bike. Afterwards, camp out for the night. Fishing is also allowed here.
2. Rainbow Falls – The 13-mile trail ends with a stop at Rainbow Falls. Great Smoky Mountains National Park hiking is always so thrilling because of the surrounding areas.
3. Cades Cove Campground – This particular campground has wonderful mountain views and abundant wildlife. There are more whitetail deer in this area than anywhere else in the park.
4. Gatlinburg Falls – One of the top resorts in Gatlinburg TN because of the elegance and style. Their cabins are very private and secluded. You can enjoy time at the pool or take the kids to the playground.
5. Clingsman’s Dome – The highest mountain in Great Smoky Mountains National Park with a measurement of 6,643 feet. At the top, the observation tower allows exquisite views of 360 degrees.
6. Balsam Mountain – An unusual area with high elevations and a multitude of wildflowers. To reach the top of the mount, you drive, not hike.
7. Cosby – A great place for hiking if you want to stay far away from tourists. It is off the standard path and also has a campground area for an intimate picnic.
8. Mountain Farm Museum – For a little bit of history, try this museum. The collections of log buildings were erected using the trees from the Smoky Mountains.
9. Cataloochee Valley – This area has a huge number of elk so spotting them is a real treat. They also have a number of historic facilities, including a schoolhouse and two churches.
10. Hayides – Spend time on horseback in this area. If you have smaller children, they will enjoy the hayride.