Top 10 Fun Things To Do in Virginia Beach VA
Regardless of your age or budget, there are plenty of things to do in Virginia Beach sure to stimulate the senses and create some great memories. Virginia Beach is the only beach resort city in the state and there are so many Virginia Beach attractions to choose from that it is easy to pack your vacation with fun, but perhaps a little confusing to sort through the options. Here is a list of top ten fun things to do in Virginia Beach to help you plan your itinerary:
1. Walk the Virginia Beach Boardwalk, a three-mile walkway overlooking the ocean and lined with museums, restaurants, monuments, sculptures and historic sites.
2. Do some fishing off the pier at the end of the boardwalk.
3. View an educational IMAX film and say hi to the otters, turtles, alligators and more at the Virginia Beach Aquarium and Marine Science Center
4. Ride a roller coaster at Busch Gardens Old Country in Williamsburg which is an hour and a half drive from the beach resorts.
5. Tour the Adam Thoroughgood House, a National Historic Landmark and Virginia Beach’s oldest colonial home.
6. Grab some binoculars and do some dolphin and whale watching. This is often overlooked when considering things to do in Virginia Beach, and it’s free!
7. View a private art collection by the likes of Matisse and Cassatt and tour two historic houses at the Chrysler Museum of Art.
8. Take a daytrip afoot and get a lesson of Virginia’s history and culture on the Legends Walk, a sight-seeing self-tour dedicated to Virginia’s historic greats.
9. Those looking for things to do in Virginia Beach for kids should check out the Free Family Fest at the Contemporary Art Center of Virginia.
10. Spend a day in the water but away from the beach at the Ocean Breeze Water Park.
One of the most obvious things to do in Virginia Beach is to spend a day at the beach! Whether your idea of fun is relaxing with a cocktail in hand or learning how to windsurf, the options for beachside fun are endless.