Top 10 Fun Things To Do in San Francisco
Our article lists some of the most fun things to do in San Francisco area alone or with a family. This city holds so many interesting attractions and sights that you will not be bored for a second. Remember to buy a San Francisco City Pass allowing you to save on many major city attractions.
1. Visit the most iconic among all San Francisco tourist attractions, the Golden Bridge. Bike Golden Gate Bridge tours enable you to have fun and learn a few Golden Gate Bridge facts.
2. Going to the former Alcatraz prison will provide you with an insight of prison cell conditions and many interesting prison exhibits and paraphernalia for your information.
3. Cable car rides are fun things to do in San Francisco with kids opening amazing sights of the city and getting fast to your tourist destinations. Consider getting a one day pass to ride multiple destinations if you want to save some money on the rides.
4. Exploring Chinatown in San Francisco experience could only be compared perhaps to visiting the Chinatown in the Big Apple. This eight block stretch is definitely worth exploring by foot or China Town Cable Cars. Lots of tourist souvenir shops, great Asian restaurants and activities to try our are located in this area of San Francisco. Chinatown really wakes up during multiple festivals that are held throughout the year like Chinese New Year, Autumn Moon and Dragon Boat Festivals.
5. Visiting Exploratorium Science Museum is among fun things to do in San Francisco popular among locals and visitors combining hands on and really clever exhibits that are sure to bring sheer joy to children.
6. Japanese Tea Garden situated in the heart of the Golden Bridge Park is the touristiest among San Francisco attractions that remains packed virtually year round. Definitely try out Japanese tea and cookies that are served on the premises of this attraction.
7. If you are into a newly emerged Vampire Culture, try a Vampire Tour of San Francisco which is quite interesting in itself. This 2-hour tour will start at the Noble Hill area and will take you through some interesting sights of San Francisco with a good portion of vampire fantasy mixed in. Halloween tours fill up especially quickly.
8. If you like food, let us suggest one of fun things to do in San Francisco for a real foodie at heart. Local Tastes City Tours will take you through some of the tastiest spots in San Francisco to try the best coffee, Asian dishes, chocolate truffles and sandwiches. Reasonably priced at around $60 per person this 2 hour tours allow you to sample San Francisco best dishes.
9. San Francisco Zoo tops almost all lists of fun things to do in San Francisco for kids of all ages due to amazing animal species and fun family activities on its territory.
10. Wax Museum in San Francisco has been entertaining locals and visitors for over a hundred years. See real size historical figures along with modern day political figures, infamous dictators and pop stars depicted in wax and looking pretty amazing.