Top 10 Fun Things To Do in San Antonio TX
San Antonio is where Texas’ history began. There are so many fun things to do in San Antonio that today it is the most visited city in all of Texas. San Antonio’s rich history make it an ideal vacation spot for history buffs and its many attractions are sure to please everyone in between. If you’re planning a trip to Texas, check out this list of top 10 fun things to do in San Antonio TX:
1. Whatever your interests, whether it be battle-sites or ghost-sightings, you’re sure to find that there is a San Antonio tour to tickle your fancy.
2. Famous all over the world, The Alamo San Antonio is an absolute must-see for any traveler. Tour the site of the famous thirteen-day showdown that occurred when Davy Crockett and his crew defended their beloved Texas against General Santa Anna’s troops and take in a helping of America’s defining history.
3. Enjoy wild rides and entertaining live shows at the two-hundred acre Six Flags Fiesta Texas San Antonio.
4. If you happen to be visiting in March, be sure to take in San Antonio’s annual festival Luminaria, a celebration of art and local San Antonio culture. Luminaria is just one of the many fun things to do in San Antonio that is free to the public.
5. San Antonio has been called one of America’s most romantic cities. If you’re travelling with that someone special, one of the most romantic things to do in San Antonio is to venture on a horse carriage ride around the city at night.
6. San Antonio’s nightlife is alive and kicking, and the best place to take it all in is at The Plaza. Nestled in the heart of downtown San Antonio, The Plaza features year-round live music and a bustling crowd.
7. Take a tour of the Natural Bridge Caverns and ooh and ah at the splendor of some of nature’s most fascinating creations: stalactites, stalagmites and underground caves.
8. Spend a day strolling along the San Antonio Riverwalk, an urban sanctuary set below street level and along the San Antonio River. For easy access to this favored San Antonio locale, book a room at one of the San Antonio Riverwalk hotels.
9. Put a few rounds at one of San Antonio’s two PGA TOUR golf courses.
10. If you’re travelling with kids, take the little ones to the San Antonio Children’s Museum.
As you can see, there are plenty of fun things to do in San Antonio – truly a little something for every type of traveler. So pack your bags, bring your excitement, and plan on staying a while.