Top 10 Fun Things To Do in Phoenix With Kids
Taking a vacation with your kids is one of the best parts of parenthood. It offers the opportunity to share the gift of travel with them and exposes them to other places. Phoenix happens to be a wonderful family oriented city, with numerous kid friend activities. Here’s a top 10 list of fun things to do in Phoenix with kids to help you out with ideas.
1. Behind the Scenes Tour – Stuffington Bear Factory and Cerreta Candy Company both offer tours that make children’s dreams come true. What child wouldn’t jump at the chance to have a private walk through of a factory that makes their favorite candy bar?
2. Out of Africa Wildlife Park – Take a safari ride in this man made Serengeti and watch your children’s eyes light up when they get their first glimpse of a long neck giraffe or trunk swinging elephant.
3. Enchanted Island Amusement Park – Free admission and only pay for the rides, games or food you want. This park is geared towards kids aged 1 -10 years old.
4. Phoenix Zoo – Take your children to visit the lions, tigers and bears. The entire family can enjoy a walk around the zoo while discussing all the different and unique animals that live there.
5. Deer Valley Rock Art Center – You’ll find trails, gardens and exhibits on your visit to this site of petroglyphic cultural history. Children can learn about rock art, who made it and why. These prehistoric rocks offer a great educational sidebar to any vacation. It’s one of those fun things to do in Phoenix, especially when the children don’t even realize that they have learned something new too.
6. Arizona Science Center – Open for all ages and has plenty of things to do in Phoenix with kids. They offer camps, classes, home school programs as well as special programming for preschoolers and science for girls. Children can visit the IMAX and learn about all things science.
7. Papago Park — Bring the kids and the bikes, as this is one of the fun things to do in Phoenix that the entire family can join in for exercise and enjoying the great outdoors.
8. Children’s Museum of Phoenix – Exploration, imagination and creativity are what your kids can tap into on a visit to this museum. It is geared to stimulate their young minds and develop their thinking and problem solving skills.
9. Hot Air Balloon Tour – Soaring across the painted skies is among favorite Arizona tourist attractions. The tour guide will point out landmarks as you glide through the air getting a bird’s eye view of the desert landscape.
10. Wet N Wild Waterpark – Beat the heat and splash down at this new water park. With tons of rides and water games, this is the perfect cool down oasis. Not just for kids, this park has fun things to do in Phoenix for the whole family.
As you can see for this list, there are so many things to do in Phoenix that your kids will begging to return year after year.