Top 10 Fun Things To Do In Paris
Let’s say that you’ve just landed in Paris and you only a short time to visit. You’re probably wondering what kinds of things are there to do in the City of Lights.
Here is a quick rundown of fun things to do in Paris:
- Avenue des Champs Elysee – This tops our list in fun things to do in Paris. Whether your shopping or merely lèche-vitrine (French term for window shopping), walking down this street is sure to put peep in your step and a smile of your face. You may even see a few celebrities as you make your way along the wealthy street in Paris.
- Eiffel Tower – It’s what we all expect to see on a trip to Paris. But you may not know that a large park and playground surround the tower and the many people meet there for picnics and flying kites and Frisbees.
- Seine River Boat Tour – This tour offers different river views of Paris opposed to what tourists see on the coach tours traveling through the streets of the city. The river cruises are offered during the day or as part of the Paris nightlife take a for romantic dinner voyage.
- Pompidou Museum – This museum displays contemporary artwork and has a playful spin on all aspects especially the building design. Visitors to the museum will be met with artists, mimes, street performers and more even before entering the Pompidou doors.
- Pigalle – Similar to Amsterdam’s Red Light District, need we say more? The places you’ll see here may come off as very unusual things to do in Paris. However, you’ll also find Moulin Rouge in the Pigalle area.
- Marche Aux Puces – Love the thrill of hunting for bargains, then the Paris flea market scene is for you. There’s no real rhyme or reason to the madness…it’s a hodgepodge of everything under the sun. But that’s the beauty of the hunt.
- Disneyland Paris – If you’re in search of things to do in Paris with kids, on the outskirts of Paris you’ll find the amusement park known to be one of the happiest places on Earth. Similar to the Disney theme parks in the U.S. there are two parks and an entertainment complex that has several hotels and restaurants.
- Bakery Culinary Tour – Trying your culinary skills out are fun things to do in Paris as you learn to make fresh French bread and pastries. The French have a reputation for their baked goods.
- 2CV Rides — How about a romantic ride for two sightseeing all the Paris landmarks in a chauffeured driven Citroen.
- Hop On/ Hop off Bus – Perfect for the on the go tourist who wants to see it all, but not be bound to an 8 hour confined tour. The bus allows you to get on and off as you please and take as much time as you like at the Paris attractions.
As you can tell from our list, there are several fun things to do in Paris. It’s a wonderful city with something for everyone to enjoy.