Top 10 Fun Things To Do in New Orleans With Kids
Finding fun things to do in New Orleans with kids is really very easy since this is a town that definitely did not forget about youngsters. While most people may think of New Orleans as a party town, especially during Mardi Gras, the fact is, they have a huge assortment of activities geared towards children.
The top 10 fun things to do in New Orleans with kids are:
1. New Orleans Swamp Tours – This attraction rates tops for the fun things to do with kids in New Orleans because most children rarely get an opportunity to see alligators up close and personal. They also get to see how beautiful the natural surroundings are, especially the bayous.
2. New Orleans Aquarium – Located near the famous French Quarter, it’s a place delightful for kids and adults alike. Meet the local celebrity, crocodile going by the name Spot and friends along with other marine species. See other creatures who call the Caribbean and Mississippi River their homes.
3. The Audubon Insectarium – Virtually every child has their own fascination with bugs and insects and this is the perfect place for them to explore hundreds of different species. Not only do they have the chance to view them, but they will also learn valuable lessons regarding the effectiveness of certain insects and their impact on the environment.
4. New Orleans Riverboat Tours – Nestled along the Mississippi River, New Orleans has a great deal of river boats that provide a wonderful experience for kids of all ages. Just travel to Canal Street and find one that suits your interests and spend the day sailing down the river.
5. Mardi Gras World – Lots of parents take their kids here for birthday parties. In addition, this is a great attraction because they can see how the experts design floats for the parades and the food is perfect for kids too. They offer everything from chili hot dogs to pizza and chicken fingers.
6. House of Blues New Orleans – Most people consider the House of Blues to be strictly adults only, but they cater to children too. They have concerts geared towards the younger crowd and fabulous menus for lunch time and dinner.
7. The Audubon Zoo – One of the fun things to do with kids in New Orleans is taking them to the zoo. All kids love spending time feeding the animals and admiring their natural beauty in a safe, but accessible environment.
8. The Children’s Museum – Of all the fun things to do with kids in New Orleans, this is one of the best since it’s indoors and you don’t have to worry about the heat or rainy weather conditions. They have activities geared towards children of all ages.
9. City Park – This is one of the most fun things to do with kids in New Orleans because they love amusement parks. This one has a huge carousel and Story Land as well as a museum you can duck into if the weather gets too hot, which it can in New Orleans during the summer months.
10. National World War II Museum – You might not think this type of museum will appeal to your kids, but think again. This museum has a number of boats and planes that your kids will love. Especially since many of the exhibits are hands-on.