Top 10 Fun Things To Do in Nashville TN
Nashville, Tennessee was built on the legacy of country music and today is best known as Music City, USA. There are an unlimited number of fun things to do in Nashville, TN. Here we have compiled a list of the top ten things to do in Nashville, TN.
1. Adventure Science Center – This is the wonderful Nashville Science Museum which has many hands on activities for all ages in addition to the planetarium and a model train exhibition. This is one of the best things to do in Nashville with kids.
2. Grand Ole Opry – The first performance of the Grand Ole Opry was at the Ryman Auditorium in 1943. In 1974, it was determined that the Grand Ole Opry should have its own place and the Grand Ole Opry House located in Opryland was built. There have been hundreds of performers that have graced the stage such as Hank William Sr., Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, Keith Urban and Reba.
3. Ryman Auditorium and Museum – This is best known as the Mother Church of Country Music. In 1943 it hosted the Grand Ole Opry and now is the home of many shows and performances including the CMA’s.
4. Country Music Hall of Fame – Legendary performers have been inducted such as George Strait, Alabama, Jimmy Dean and Elvis Presley to name a few. There are also several exhibits on display such as “Sing Me Back Home: A Journey Through Country Music” and “Family Tradition: Williams Family Legacy”.
5. Cheekwood Gallery and Botanical Gardens – Stroll through the many beautifully landscaped gardens such as the Burr Terrace Gardens and the Robertson Ellis Color Garden.
6. General Jackson Showboat Cruise – This is the world’s largest showboat cruise where guests can cruise the Cumberland River and enjoy interactive shows. Visitors have the choice of a mid-day or dinner cruise.
7. Belle Mead Plantation – Built in 1853, this plantation is one of the oldest in Tennessee. Guests will learn about the history of horse breeding that the plantation was best known for. Visitors will be able to enjoy workshops as well as plan events such as weddings and parties. If you enjoy the many things that made the south what it is, this is one of the best things to do in Nashville, TN.
8. Tootsie Orchid Lounge – This is more than just another of the many Nashville bars, named after the orchid colored walls, Tootsies is the #1 Honkey Tonk in the world and has given many stars their start in country and bluegrass music. The artists that began their career at Tootsie’s include Loretta Lynn, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristopherson and Patsy Cline.
9. Hard Rock Café – Famous for its entertainment as well as delicious food, this location is no exception. Stop by and enjoy the premier dining and live entertainment.
10. Live on the Green Concert Series – This is one of the most popular free things to do in Nashville. Enjoy this 6 week long concert series located on the Public Square Park near City Hall. There are 4 performances and this is free unless purchasing VIP tickets which include food and drink otherwise bring your own food or purchase at the event.
It’s clear that there are a great many things to do in Nashville, TN whether you are visiting or a local as well if you are there for the music or the culture and nightlife.