Top 10 Fun Things To Do In Montreal
While visiting Montreal, Canada you will find that there are many fun things to do in Montreal. This is true whether you are there on a romantic getaway or as a family vacation.
Please take time to review our list of the top ten fun things to do in Montreal.
1. Daytime St. Lawrence River Cruise – Take a river cruise along the St. Lawrence River where guides will beguile you with stories about the history of this amazing city. Many of the river cruises will offer a limited menu for lunch. This is one of the best things to do in Montreal and should not be missed.
2. Montreal Underground City – Just when you think you’ve seen all that Montreal has to offer there is a whole other world underground. This amazing part of the city consists of a vast selection of restaurants, shops, banks and many other attractions.
3. Montreal Biodome – Located in Olympic Park the biodome consists of four unique controlled ecosystems, including the rain and maple forest, sub-arctic, and the Canadian/Labrador marine coast habitats with animals, birds and vegetation for each system.
4. Montreal Botanical Gardens – These luscious gardens are home to many gardens including a rose garden and several different flower beds as well as duck ponds. This is one of the most fun things to do in Montreal for adults and children alike.
5. Mount Royal Park – This is a nice drive or bicycle ride (for those that are more fit) up the 764 foot hill where visitors may rest and picnic alongside Beaver Lake. If looking for fun things to do in Montreal in winter, there are also several ski trails.
6. Montreal Old Town – Stroll through this once-walled section of Montreal where visitors will be able to enjoy the best shopping in Montreal as well as many restaurants.
7. Casino de Montreal – If you enjoy a night out playing the slots, poker or blackjack, this is the place for you! The casino is located on Île Notre-Dame. There is also another casino in the area, Casino du Lac-Leamy, that is located next to the Hilton Hotel and there are several wonderful restaurants to check out.
8. Chateau Ramezay Museum – This is an oftentimes overlooked museum located across from City Hall depicting the history of Montreal.
9. Olympic Park – Originally built in 1976 for the Olympics, visitors can take the cable car up to the top and marvel at the breathtaking views of Montreal.
10. Montreal Planetarium – Located in the heart of Montreal, the planetarium offers amazing celestial shows for visitors to enjoy.
Whether you get to visit all of these fun things to do in Montreal, there is definitely no shortage of excitement to be had.