Top 10 Fun Things To Do In London
London is a very exciting city and often the first stop in a multi-country European tour. While you’re visiting, check out these fun things to do in London.
- Buckingham Palace – London symbol and once used as the home of royalty. It is greatly used now for administrative duties and entertaining special royal events. Guided tours of the royal palace take about 2 hours when it is open to the public. One of the best tourist attractions occurs every other day—the changing of the guard. As you’re searching for things to do in London on the internet, visit the palace website for the changing guard days and times.
- London Eye – This giant Ferris wheel gives way to an amazing city observation from a bird’s eye view. Thirty-two glass pods take passengers around and around, only stopping to add or let passengers dismount the ride.
- ZSL Zoo – World’s first zoo although it initially only started to be a place to collect and research animals. Now this zoo is home to over 15,000 different types of exotic mammals, birds and fish. If you are traveling with children, this will be one of the top fun things to do in London for them.
- Hyde Park – Situated along side Kensington Gardens is one of London’s largest parks. Speakers of all types meet at Speaker’s Corner whenever they have something to say. You’ll also find the 7-7 Memorial and a Rose Garden at this park.
- British Museum – Popular to contrary believe, museums can be fun things to do in London. This museum is known for the housing the Rosetta Stone, a large slab of rock which was an instrumental tool in deciphering the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics script.
- Hop On Hop Off Bus – Just what the name suggests, hop on when you want or hop off when you want. This is a stop and go sightseeing bus that rides pass all the major city highlights and London attractions.
- Shakespeare Globe – Go see a Shakespearian play the way it was meant to be seen. This reconstructed theater mimics the old playhouses used during Shakespeare’s era in the 1600’s.
- Abbey Road Crossing – Made famous by the Beetles album cover, many tourists fly from all over the world to walk across this crosswalk to capture the perfect picture.
- London Dungeon – Comparable to Halloween night, all year round. The Dungeon tour is full of all the gruesome and horrible crimes that have been depicted throughout London’s history. A 5D ride and live actors are also a part of the tour. This is one of the unusual things to do in London, but still quite fun.
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum – The first in a long chain of wax museums through the U.S. Europe and Asia. The museum portrays many prominent figures and celebrities including member of the royal family.
As you can tell, this historical city lends itself to having a variety of fun things to do in London for tourists.