Top 10 Fun Things To Do In Houston Texas
Looking for fun things to do in Houston? We’ve got you covered. The Bayou City holds endless possibilities for couples and families looking for fun and educational activities.
The list below presents some of the top fun things to do in Houston for travelers of all tastes.
1. Houston Theatre District is the ultimate destination for a true fine art connoisseur. Only here you can explore various forms of Houston Performing Arts sprawled on a 17 block area, including ballet, symphony and opera. The premiere downtown location of the Theatre District makes fine dining or bar hopping a breeze.
2. Houston Aquarium continuously tops lists of interesting things to do in Houston with kids. However, even adults can learn a thing or two at this Downtown Aquarium about various species of sea life inhabiting the Gulf of Mexico.
3. Houston Culinary Tour. Taking this culinary tour is a great chance to explore hidden culinary gems and taste your way through Houston. A group of 16 food lovers will be swept off their feet by dining at various Chefs’ favorite places, mostly small and family owned restaurants that serve fresh and wholesome ethnic dishes.
4. Houston Zoo holds a plethora of fun things to do in Houston for kids from 0 to 99 years of age. If you buy Houston Zoo membership, you can partake in a wonderful breakfast experience surrounded by birds and animals.
5. St Arnold’s Brewery is a fun place to grab a beer or schedule a beer tasting at the Texas oldest breweries.
6. World Fest Houston Film Festival that runs annually presents some of the finest things to do around Houston for true cinematography lovers. Here, you will be able to watch a variety of short feature films, documentaries and other masterpieces of film making industry. Check their website for Festival dates.
7. Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is the ultimate activity to partake for the whole family allowing you to experience Texas to the fullest. Bull riding, carnivals, wine tasting, barbecue contest, country music concerts and endless entertainment are sure to satisfy even the pickiest traveler to Houston.
8. Explore the Buffalo Bayou by walking, biking kayaking or canoeing. The only thing you can’t do in the Buffalo Bayou is swim; the water is not safe for swimming there.
9. Space Center Houston is dedicated to help kids and adults learn about astronomy and space exploration. A series of fun interactive exhibits will navigate you through various stages of space exploration. Here you can see NASA space suits, 4-D space movie and even sit in a space shuttle model.
10. National Museum of Funeral History is a very unusual experience. Catch a glimpse of a historical embalming process during the Civil War; take a look at some of the most outrageous coffins shaped as a Mercedes Benz or a leopard. For some visitors seeing these exhibits makes appreciate every day above the ground better.
Houston, TX is an amazing city drawing thousands of return visitors annually. Our list of top 10 fun things to do in Houston lists only some amazing city’s attractions, however, Houston opens other opportunities like, for example, escapes to the Gulf at Galveston and many more.