Dublin, Ireland is a city that is alive with Irish history and culture. Whether you are planning your vacation to explore your Irish roots or to just enjoy the city and surrounding countryside, you will find that there are many fun things to do in Dublin.
The list of the top ten fun things to do in Dublin has been created for your consideration.
1. National Leprechaun Museum – This is a great place to learn about the history and culture of Ireland as well as to hear some traditional Irish tales.
2. Dub Linn Gardens – Located behind historic Dublin Castle, visitors will enjoy a relaxing stroll through these beautiful gardens which have recently been developed into formal gardens. The gardens are also surrounded by beautiful artwork.
3. Custom House – This beautiful house depicts the history and amazing architecture of Ireland. Visitors will marvel at the pavilions, arcades, columns as well the beauty of the central dome.
4. Dublin Zoo – This is one of the best fun things to do in Dublin for the entire family. Enjoy the many animal exhibits such as tigers, elephants and a white rhino.
5. Guinness Brewery Tour – Any fan of the famous Guinness Beer, must not miss one of these tours. When you first walk into the atrium, you will notice that it is a huge pint glass encompassing the entire seven story building. This glass could hold 14.3 million pints of beer.
6. Dublin Castle – Absolutely no trip to Ireland is complete without a visit to a real castle. Today the castle is home to many administrative offices but is sometimes offered for diplomatic functions and concerts. This is truly something not to be missed.
7. Dublin Pub Crawl – If you have come to Ireland to experience their beer and pubs, this is one of the most fun things to do in Dublin. During the pub crawl, visitors will get to enjoy four different pubs for great beer, food and dancing.
8. Dublin Bay – Enjoy the beauty of Ireland by strolling along this stretch of beach.
9. National Botanic Gardens – When looking for things to do in Dublin, this must be on your list. Founded in 1795, visitors will marvel at the over 15,000 plant species as well as the rock and rose gardens, alpine yard, the arboretum and the tranquil pond.
10. Panda Play Café – This is one of the best things to do in Dublin for kids. Kids are able to run around and play on the skuttlebugs, trampoline and in the play house while parents can relax with a cup of coffee or other refreshments.
It’s obvious that wherever your interests lie; there are several exciting and fun things to do in Dublin, Ireland.