Top 10 Fun Things To Do In Albuquerque
Whether you are on a budget or able to go full out on vacation, there are many fun things to do in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Albuquerque is a town that is steeped in history, culture and tradition and is a wonderful place to enjoy a relaxing vacation. We have done some of the work for you and put together a list of the top ten fun things to do in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
1. Albuquerque Biopark Zoo – This Albuquerque zoo was founded in 1927, this special zoo focuses on the conservation of many animals that other zoos don’t focus on such as their state bird the Roadrunner. This is a fun and education place to visit for the entire family.
2. Cliff’s Amusement Park – For over 50 years, this amusement park has focused on family fun. There is no more of the parents sitting waiting for the children to finish the ride as the park has done its best to be sure parents can ride the rides with the children. Enjoy such rides as the rollercoasters and the Super Fire Ball as well as the Merry-Go-Round. This is definitely one of the most fun things to do in Albuquerque.
3. Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa – Whether you choose to stay in their luxurious rooms or just visit for some pampering, this is something not to be missed. Enjoy a tension loosening massage or their signature Milagro Wrap or a soak in the legendary mineral springs of New Mexico.
4. Albuquerque Aquarium – Located within the biopark this is something for the entire family. Enjoy the freshwater or ocean exhibits as well as the shark tank. The Aquarium also offers camps and classes.
5. Tour Old Town Albuquerque – Get a firsthand glance of what Albuquerque must have been like at its beginning in 1706. Enjoy learning about the history and tradition of this amazing town.
6. Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta – This international balloon festival takes place every October. Enjoy several fun days featuring 100’s of beautiful hot-air balloons. There are several fun shows and events during the festival for everyone to enjoy.
7. Sandia Peak Tramway – Enjoy a spectacular view of Albuquerque from the Sky. As you soar above you will be able to spot wildlife such as black bears and bobcats in their natural habitat. This is one of the best things to do in Albuquerque while offering a beautiful view of the town and surrounding mountains.
8. Petroglyph National Monument – Enjoy the natural beauty and historical significance of this amazing place where you can see how volcanoes formed as well as the many petroglyph symbols painted on the rocks. This is one of the most popular Albuquerque tourist attractions.
9. St. Clair Winery & Bistro – This is a great place if you are a wine connoisseur. Enjoy over 60 different New Mexico wines as well as great food. Get a tour of the winery and vineyards as well.
10. Unser Racing Museum – Owned by the Unser family there is four generations of racing history to enjoy as well as many interactive fun things to do for the children and adults alike.
Whichever of these fun things to do in Albuquerque that you decide to participate in, you are sure to have a wonderful vacation filled with fun, excitement and relaxation. You might even learn a few things!