Top 10 Free Things To Do In Sydney
Traveling to Sydney, Australia can be a bit expensive because it is a top tourist site. Luckily, there are lots of free things to do in Sydney and if you create a solid itinerary before you leave, you will not blow your budget.
The top 10 free things to do in Sydney are as follows:
- Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb – While the climb has a fee, you can cross the bridge by foot and take photos of a lifetime. You can also spend time at the visitor’s center.
- Circular Quay Sydney – This is the main hub of the Sydney Harbour and from here, you can take walks around the expertly landscaped walkways and admire the wonderful views.
- Luna Park – The amusement park has free entry and you can spend hours walking around observing the views of this iconic park including Sydney Harbour.
- Centennial Park – One of the most exciting things to do in Sydney is picnicking in the park. All you need is a blanket and a basket filled with authentic Australian cuisine.
- Sydney Observatory – Some Sydney attractions, like the Observatory feature beautiful gardens and exhibits, including a number of astronomy displays.
- Australian National Maritime Museum and Art Gallery – This is another attraction that is free of charge. Here you can stimulate your mind and gain a new respect for this region.
- Shelly Beach – Stroll on the beach, swim in the water or, go underwater snorkeling and discover the wonders of the submarine culture.
- Bicentennial Park – This Park allows you to explore the wetlands, picnic, BBQ and more. Perfect for couples or large families.
- The Art Gallery of New South Wales – This gallery has a huge collection of different types of art, including Aboriginal art. The tours are guided and they sometimes have performances as well.
- Sydney Opera House – A visit here is on the list of free things to do in Sydney if you appreciate unusual architectural structures. You also have access to the Royal Botanic Gardens.
As you can see, there are so many free things to do in Sydney that you really want to make your plans in advance. This way, you won’t miss anything while you are on vacation.
Would you like more information about Sydney, Australia? Please read the next article for even more vacation tips.