Top 10 Free Things To Do In San Francisco
San Francisco is a wonderful city full of plenty of fun things to do. If you are vising San Francisco on a budget you will find that there are plenty of free things to do in San Francisco. We have put together a list of the top ten free things to do in San Francisco.
1. Discovery Museum – This is a great museum where kids can enjoy the many hands on activities and is free the second Saturday of the month from 1pm to 5pm.
2. Concerts at Golden Gate Park – Enjoy free concerts every Sunday from April through October.
3. Wave Organ – Created with pipes and concrete, as the bay crashes onto the instrument it produces music. This is truly something unique that must be seen!
4. Pier 39 San Francisco – Walk along this famous pier and enjoy great shopping, amazing restaurants and majestic views of the bay and the city. Watch the sea lions as they swim or sun themselves on the shore.
5. Asian Art Museum – This museum is free on the first Tuesday of the month and visitors will get a glimpse into the Asian culture through the amazing Asian art, paintings, ceramics and textiles.
6. Cable Car Museum – The cable car is synonymous with San Francisco. Visit this museum and learn about the history of the cable car complete with photographs and the last remaining car from the very first cable car company.
7. Lombard Street – this is a famous street used in movies and has been home to celebrities. It was designed with a zigzag pattern to reduce the original 27% grade. This is a great street to walk and just take in the sights.
8. San Francisco Zoo – visit this famous zoo on the first Wednesday of the month and check out the animals in replicas of their natural habitats. This is definitely one of the best free things to do in San Francisco for the entire family.
9. Yerba Buena Gardens – Stroll through these gardens and enjoy the tranquility of the waterfall, art display and the Martin Luther King, Jr. memorial statue. When looking for the best things to do in San Francisco, this is a must-do!
10. De Young Museum – This is one of the most popular fine arts museums in San Francisco and should not be missed. Visitors will get in free the second Tuesday of the month where they can enjoy famous exhibits such as the Masters of Venice.
Whichever of these wonderful free things to do in San Francisco you decide to do, you are sure to have a great visit in San Francisco while still staying well within your budget.