Top 10 Free Things To Do In San Diego
With the economy the way it is today, when planning a vacation or even if you are a resident of San Diego, it can be difficult to find fun things to do in San Diego that are inexpensive. We will change this, because there are many free things to do in San Diego. Here, we have compiled a list of the top ten free things to do in San Diego.
1. La Jolla cove – This can be one of the most romantic things to do in San Diego. Enjoy a spectacular sunset view of the ocean. Enjoy watching the Sea Lions and Harbor Seals frolicking in the water and on land as well as snorkeling and scuba diving.
2. Mission Bay Park – There are many trails for jogging, bicycling or walking. There are also workout courses throughout the park and if the wind is just right, enjoy some kite flying.
3. Sprechels Organ Pavilion – Every Sunday there is free organ concerts making this one of the best free things to do in San Diego.
4. Old Town, San Diego – Learn about the history of San Diego as you visit the historical buildings such as the blacksmith shop, stables and old schoolhouse.
5. Reuben H. Fleet science Center – While the center is not free, the first Wednesday of every month, the Astronomy Association sets up large telescopes for the public to view the stars.
6. Julian Mining Town – Located in the Cuyamaca Mountains, visitors may enjoy self-guided tours through historic sites.
7. Mission Beach Boardwalk – This is a three mile boardwalk along Mission and Pacific Beaches. At night you may build a bonfire to enjoy on the beach.
8. New Children’s Museum – Children can enjoy this hands-on museum as they play and create hands-on art. This is free the second Sunday of every month.
9. Mission Trails Regional Park – In these 5,800 acres visitors may explore the history and culture of San Diego.
10. Museum of Contemporary Art – This is one of the most popular San Diego tourist attractions where visitors will be treated to art in several different medias since 1950. Visitors under 25 are free and there is a free open house the third Thursday of every month.
It is obvious that whether you are planning to enjoy the nightlife of the Gaslamp District, San Diego or want to spend most of your time at the beach there is plenty of free things to do in San Diego.