Top 10 Free Things To Do in Phoenix That Save Your Wallet!
It can be a liberating experience to visit a city and know that you can have a great time without spending a bundle. If you are looking for a place like that, then Phoenix is the place for you. There are several free things to do in Phoenix that will keep you entertained.
1. Museums – Try visiting one of the many museums in Phoenix. The Heard, Phoenix Art Museum and Gallery at City Hall are all free of charge and are fun places to visit in Arizona.
2. Fiesta Bowl Parade – A lively and entertaining event held yearly in December. Best of all, it’s a chart topper when it comes to free things to do in Phoenix. It’s a family fun event not to be missed if you’re ever in the area.
3. Desert Botanical Gardens – If you’re brave enough to battle the Arizona dry heat, a leisurely stroll through this property will be a nice treat.
4. Phoenix Art Walk – Growing ever more popular and makes for a great date night. This takes place downtown. All the art galleries open their doors for patrons to peruse and walk away with a greater appreciation of the art world.
5. Ro Ho En – Otherwise known as the Japanese Friendship Garden. So it’s a fabulous place to bring a friend and have a quiet afternoon taking in the beautiful view and landscaping. Visit their website to ensure that the admission is still free of charge on the first Friday in each month.
6. Fan Fest – For the real sports buff, make your way to the yearly event if you’re in search of things to do in Phoenix with kids. This is the appreciation day for all Arizona Diamondback fans, hosted by the team.
7. Apache Trail – A 40 mile scenic drive through the Superstition Mountains and dense forest. During this short road trip, you’ll have amazingly breath taking views, perfect for photo opportunities and glimpses of the rich and vibrant sunsets.
8. Phoenix Live – A rejuvenated downtown project. Once a gloomy down-trottened area, downtown Phoenix is alive again thanks to city leaders and business owners. You’ll find music, dancing, art, and good food. There are plenty free things to do in Phoenix Live and most just walk around to people watch and enjoy the atmosphere.
9. North Mountain Park – Known for its bike trails, picnic areas and playgrounds. There are several family oriented things to do in Phoenix when you visit this popular park.
10. Hiking – One of the favorite activities among the locals and tourists alike. Echo Canyon, Papago Butts and Piestewa Peak offer the most amazing views and vantage points of the city. Climbing up to the summit of these hiking trails can be challenging and exhilarating, but best of all are that they are free attractions in Phoenix.
There are no shortages of free things to do in Phoenix. They aren’t hard to find either. For the most part, you only need to take a step out into the great outdoors and enjoy!