Top 10 Free Things To Do In Paris
Paris, the City of Lights and with shopping areas like Avenue des Champs de Elysee, Paris is also one of the most expensive cities in Europe. It’s hard to image that as a tourist you are likely to find anything that didn’t cost an arm and a leg, but not to worry — we are here to save the day with a list of self guided walks through Paris.
Check out our top 10 list of free things to do in Paris.
- Notre Dame – The Roman Catholic Cathedral renowned for its French Gothic architecture, naturalism of sculptures and stained glass windows. The cathedral dates back from 1324.
- Eiffel Tower – There is a wonderful park and playground area surrounding the magnificent tower. Bring a blanket, book and picnic to people watch and enjoy the day.
- Seine River – A warm day in Paris most definitely calls for a walk along the river banks. Taking in the fresh air and views from the water’s edge can be perfect time to collect your thoughts.
- The Arc de Triomphe – With twelve streets of traffic that enter the roundabout simultaneously, it’s advised to take one of two underground pathways to safely gain access to the Arc. Once there, take time to pay tribute to the Unknown Soldier memorial. Also notice the architecture and sculptures that adorn the top of the Arc.
- Pantheon – Modeled to resemble the Pantheon in Rome, a walk around this structure is awe-inspiring and sheds light on the true magnitude of its architectural design and beauty.
- Free Walking Tours –Several local companies offer free things to do in Paris, include walking tours and the guides point out many Paris attractions and landmarks so you don’t have to locate them on your own.
- Marche Aux Puces – In other words, make a day out of wondering around the Paris flea markets. Whether you looking for something in particular or merely browsing, the thrill of the hunt for bargains brings a rush of adrenalin in these free things to do in Paris.
- Museum Free Days – All the major museums in Paris offer a day for the public to come in for free. Check the websites of the Louvre, Centre Pompidou, Musee de Orsay for hours, upcoming events and free day information.
- Luxembourg Gardens — After you have spent time touring the city, stop by the relaxing gardens and sit for a while around the fountains and enjoy the well manicured landscape of the gardens and the craftsmanship of the statues and monuments that line the path.
- Skating Rink – For more free things to do in Paris, bring your ice skates over to the Charlety Stadium “Snow Park” for a fun day of skating.
I know you were skeptical, but we located the top 10 things to do in Paris what won’t cost you anything.