Top 10 Free Things To Do In Miami
Miami is one of the most popular cities in America. According to the Great Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau, 13.4 million tourists visited last year and this number is only expected to continue rising.
Maybe it’s all the free things to do in Miami, which are drawing in the crowd? Check out our top 10 things to do in Miami that are all free and you be the judge.
- Take a walk down Ocean Drive. A visit to Miami is not complete until you’ve seen all the things to do in Miami Beach. On one side you have the wave crashing Atlantic Ocean great for surfing and parasailing. On the other side of the street, you’ll find fine dining, chic boutiques and trendy clubs.
- Visit the Miami Art Museum. Explore, learn something new, see guest speakers and create your own art during a day at the MAM. Check their website for schedule and hours, note that every second Saturday of the month admission is free to the public.
- How about an Art Deco District self guided walking tour to see the historical protected architectural designs from the 1930’s and 40’s. Once considered a down-trottened slum, it’s now one of tourists’ favorite things to do in Miami. The Art Deco district is alive and revived with its pastel painted buildings, chic hotels, five star dining and eccentric residents.
- Little Havana offers a lively glimpse of Cuba. This Cuban neighborhood is beaming with culture, flavor and history. A walk through will showcase a simpler and slower pace where one can find cigar rollers still practicing their trade. You’ll also be met with the smell of authentic Cuban cuisine and the pulsating sounds of music throughout the community.
- Window shopping at Lincoln Road Mall. This is the premier outdoor pedestrian mall in the South Beach area of town. Stop by some of the art galleries to see the latest in contemporary art.
- The Ichimura Miami Japanese Garden is a peaceful getaway to take a step back from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Visit to gain peace of mind and leave feeling more Zen.
- Swoop Miami is one of those little known free things to do in Miami. Want to head to the beach, but don’t want to waste time looking for a place to park? No problem, Swoop Miami is the a free taxi service taking passengers up and down the Miami Beach Boardwalk in a six seater electric golf cart. They offer services from 1st to 23rd Street, and Ocean Drive to the Bay daily from noon to 2am.
- Kids of all ages can play, learn, imagine and create through hands on and interactive exhibits, as well as educational resources at the Miami Children’s Museum. Every third Friday of each month is free to the general public.
- Like the smooth sounds of Jazz? Check out the Sky Lounge Happy Hour every Friday night. The Miami Jazz Society presents free jazz and sometimes a movie at the Miami Tower located downtown. You can also hear your favorite local jazz musicians playing at several Miami festivals throughout the year.
- Fairchild Botanical Garden is all about exploring, explaining and conserving the world of tropical plants. Stop by to see the beautiful work being created by botanists. These gardens are a place for relaxing and you can literally stop to smell the roses. This is one of those things to do in Miami that may be off your radar, but once you go you’ll realize what a wonderful place it is. Check their website, to see when the next opportunity is to visit on one of their monthly free days.
You just can’t beat the price when visiting all these great tourist pit stops during vacation. These attractions offer great entertainment and savings. The free cost of admission will meet any budget.