Top 10 Free Things To Do in Los Angeles
Whoa, we found the top 10 free things to do in Los Angeles and we can’t wait to share them with you. If you’ve ever been to Los Angeles, then you know what a pricey city it can be. The next time you book a trip to LA, don’t forget to take this list of free Los Angeles attractions and other cool places to visit.
1. Hollywood Walk of Fame – One of the most famous attractions in the city. A street lined with stars of all the famed in motion pictures, television and music. Quite naturally, it’s our top pick for free things to do in Los Angeles.
2. Hollywood Sign – The other among Hollywood tourist attractions pale in comparison to this must see for all first timers and it won’t be hard to spot. It’s a huge sign at the top of the Hollywood Hills neighborhood.
3. Getty Center – The architecture and view surrounding the Getty Center is just as stunning as the European art work in its collection. You’ll find paintings, sculptures and photography pieces throughout this and many other free museums in Los Angeles and the surrounding cities.
4. Pacific Coast Hwy – Highway 1 will take you up and down the coast of California. Leaving Los Angeles you can throw caution to the wind and take a scenic route to San Diego or San Francisco.
5. La Brea Tar Pits – Take a step back to a land before time. Visit Hancock Park, home of the tar pits to see the largest collection of prehistoric fossils and excavating.
6. Forecourt of Grauman’s Chinese Theater – Go walk in their shoes at the forecourt. Over 200 celebrities have left hand and foot prints in cement in front of the Chinese Theater. Hands down, one of many Los Angeles landmarks.
7. Griffith Observatory – Since you’re in the land of stars, why not visit the observatory and star gaze as well. You will have the opportunity to learn about the sky, moon, sun and planets in this educational setting.
8. California Science Center – A wealth of information can be gained with the numerous subjects that their exhibits cover, ie: ecosystems, air and space and the world of life. If you are traveling with kids and need a day of free things to do in Los Angeles, then add this to your list.
9. Venice Beach – Swimming, water sports recreation and best of all—people watching at this beach is worth the price of admission.
10. TV Show Tapings – There are several talk shows and game shows that offer free tickets for guest audience members. Request tickets early on their websites.
Finding free things to do in Los Angeles doesn’t take much hard work, but the payoff can offer nice rewards.