Top 10 Free Things To Do in Houston
If you want to find free things to do in Houston, Texas this year, you should have no problems find a laundry list of activities. This part of Texas is brimming with excitement and it is such a large city, that you will never run out of places to go.
Listed below are the top 10 free things to do in Houston, Texas:
1. Miller Outdoor Theater – One of the top Houston attractions for couples is spending time outside listening to classical music, watching films and the ballet.
2. Discovery Green – This is the perfect place if you need things to do in Houston with kids. During autumn or spring, the locals play live music and you can help yourself to all kinds of produce.
3. Art Car Museum – Many consider this museum to be one of the most fun things to do in Houston because of the unique vehicles. This is no ordinary car museum.
4. Sail the Port of Houston – This boat tour lasts 1 ½ hours and is definitely one of the top fun things to do in Houston.
5. See the 64-foot fountain – The Water Wall, located near the Galleria is a great place to view the fountain, or just relax under one of the huge oak trees.
6. Contemporary Arts Museum – Of all of the free things to do in Houston, this is maybe the most interesting. You can see art from all over the world.
7. Holocaust Museum – If you love history, this is one of the free things to do in Houston that will take you back to the 1940s, where you can remember the survivors and the real events of the past.
8. Heritage Society Museum – This outdoor museum is completely interactive with structures that date as far back as 1820.
9. The Houston Zoo – The zoo opens its doors every Tuesday free of charge. You have to wait until 2:00 pm, but it is worth the wait.
10. Rothko Chapel – An extremely serene and tranquil place where you can meditate alone with your thoughts. The best time to visit is late afternoon, after the early birds leave.