Top 10 Finger Lakes Wineries To Visit
There is nothing better than planning a vacation to visit the Finger Lakes wineries, especially if you love fine wine. That is because the Finger Lakes region is home to some of the most sophisticated wines in the United States.
In fact, many Upstate New York attractions include trips to various wineries as an added bonus. Since the land is so lush, it makes for excellent vineyards that produce exceptional wine.
In total, there are over 100 Finger Lakes winery tours to choose and they all specialize in different types.
The top 10 Finger Lakes wineries to visit can be found below:
1. Fox Run Vineyards and Cafe – is one of the top Seneca Lake wineries located within the Finger Lakes. Their specialties include Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Noir and Dry Red wine. The tasting fee is comparable and you have access to the entire grounds all day.
2. Anthony Road Wine Company – Also located on the Seneca Lake trail, these tours offer extra dry wines, designed to react positively to the most sensitive of palates.
3. Glenora Wine Cellars – Not only will you have more than 40 different wines to choose from, but this is also one of the top Finger Lakes hotels. You can enjoy your tour and afterwards retire to bed without having to leave the grounds.
4. Hunt County Vineyards – Specializes in Riesling, Sweet white wine, Cabernet, Dry red wine and Pinot Gris. This vineyard is part of the Keuka Lake Wine trail.
5. Wagner Vineyards – Year round tours are available and their specialties include, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Riesling and Gewurztraminer.
6. Bully Hill Vineyards – This family owned and operated vineyard has been making wine for over 50 years. They specialize in ice wines and red wines and have topped the Fingers Lakes wineries list for the past 35 years.
7. Casa Larga Vineyards – This award winning vineyard is inspired by Italy and makes premier wines, like Pinot Noir and Ice wines.
8. Catharine Valley Winery – This is also a family owned vineyard, but it is a relative newcomer to the Seneca Trail. Their specialties include sweet red and white wines, dry red and white wines, and blush.
9. Chateau Lafayette Reneau – This vineyard has over 140 acres filled with ponds and natural wildlife. They specialize in Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay.
10. King Ferry Winery – Located in the middle of Finger Lakes wine country, this vineyard offers a selection of Dry red wine, Chardonnay and Riesling.
The Finger Lakes wineries are as diverse as the people who create the wine and can make excellent vacation destinations.
If you would like more information on Upstate New York Attractions, read other articles on Upstate New York Attractions With Kids’.