Top 10 Dublin Tourist Attractions Locals Recommend!
When planning a trip to Dublin, Ireland, there are many fun and entertaining things to do for the entire family. Please refer to the list of the top ten Dublin tourist attractions recommended by the locals.
1. National Gallery of Ireland – This is one of the best Dublin tourist attractions if you are looking to learn more about the history and culture of Ireland. There are many wonderful collections of European and Irish fine art.
2. Wicklow Mountains National Park – These are located just south of Dublin and is a great place to enjoy the beautiful Irish scenery while hiking, swimming, scuba diving and kayaking. If you choose to swim, just take note that there are no lifeguards and there are many deep areas that drop off from the shallow spots. This is one of the best free things to do in Dublin, Ireland.
3. Dublina – Enjoy magnificent exhibitions covering the sometimes tragic history of Dublin dating back to the arrival of the Anglo-Normans in 1170.
4. Guinness Brewery Dublin – If you are a fan of Guinness Beer, this is one of the must-do Dublin tourist attractions. Stroll through this amazing building with its famous atrium designed as the world’s largest pint glass.
5. Botanical Gardens – Stroll through these magnificent gardens surrounded by hundreds different plan species. The main focus of the gardens is conservation and education as they even offer garden and botany classes to those that are interested.
6. Dublin Castle – Visitors may spend an entire day strolling through the castle with its two museums, two café’s as well as two gardens.
7. Number 29 – Strolling through this beautiful and historic house is like stepping into the past. Enjoy the many collections of artifacts and works of art dating back to 1794. This is definitely one of the must-do things to do in Dublin.
8. Old Jameson Distillery – This beautiful building is set on the grounds of the original distillery from 1780. It is a great place to visit and see how whiskey is made and stored and to purchase a souvenir or two.
9. Trinity College – In addition to offering a great education to its students, this college is a great place to visit. The architecture of the buildings are magnificent. There is also the Douglas Hyde Gallery, Oscar Wilde Center as well as the Book of Kells to visit.
10. Temple Bar – Stroll through these narrow cobblestone streets and enjoy the lively and popular nightspot while you enjoy delicious food in the restaurants and get in some shopping nearby.
No matter which of these great Dublin tourist attractions you enjoy, you will get a real dose of Irish history and culture. This is sure to be a trip of a lifetime!