Top 10 Crazy Things To Do in Branson
Branson, Missouri, located in the Ozarks is a great place for a family vacation. There are plenty of options for things to do in Branson but these crazy things will keep your family coming back year after year.
1. Things have never been crazier in Branson than with a tour of the Ripley’s Believe it or Not Museum. The Ripley’s Believe it or Not Museum is an exhibit by itself. Even the building will have visitors guessing how in the world they did that?! The building looks as if an earthquake has just ripped through it. There are over four hundred exhibits in seven different themed areas for visitors to discover. Among these strange and unusual exhibits are the two-headed calf, real shrunken heads, a thirty foot Cadillac stretch limousine that has been used in several Hollywood movies as well as a playing card replica of the Roman Colosseum. This is one of the most interesting and unusual things to do in Branson, Missouri. This museum is one of the most photographed buildings in the city because of its uniqueness.
2. Round out your Branson vacation package with a trip to the Dinosaur Museum. If you are looking for something fun as well as educational to do with your young dinosaur lovers, you will not want to miss this attraction in Branson. You can take your children on a prehistoric adventure with over 50 life size dinosaurs in a 24,000-foot complex. Branson Dinosaur Museum features videos and an interactive fossil exhibit. Among many dinosaur exhibits there are also large sea lizards, flying reptiles and replicas of bones and skulls as well as skeletons of ancient prehistoric creatures. This attraction is something you must do while on vacation in Branson, Missouri.
3. The Haunted House and Monster Asylum is for the brave looking for crazy things to do in Branson. Visitors will travel through an Ozark cemetery, an insane asylum, and a ghostly castle on this scary tour. If you enjoy being scared, then you will not want to miss this place. While you visit the Haunted House and Monster Asylum you can experience the famous mirror maze as well as the many animatronics throughout the haunted house. The hairs on the back of your neck will stand on end as you are terrorized by the ghosts, creepy sound effects as well as the eerie lighting. If you enjoy being scared out of your wits, you will truly love this place!
4. If you are an antique or toy collector, you will love the World’s Largest Toy Museum in Branson, Missouri and enjoy the toys you used to love and discover new ones!. There are plenty of things to do in Branson; this is one of the most interesting places to visit. You will find thousands of toys on display at the World’s Largest Toy Museum. Among these are planes, bears, toy soldiers, pedal cars and cap guns just to name a few of the interesting things on display. This is a great place to visit for young and old alike. The children will be fascinated by the difference in the toys from the 1800’s to the present. Visit the gift store where toy makers recreate the toys of your past.
5. Get ready to get wet with the best Branson Missouri lodging. The inn was opened in 1971 and is still focused on making sure every guest has a wonderful and fun experience. In addition to the comfortable, spacious rooms, there is an interactive water park that is free to all guests as well as a restaurant that serves three meals a day. Open 365 days a year, this Branson attraction has entertainment, shopping, and fun for the whole family. The Grand Country Inn also offers several packages that include two or three nights stay as well as water park passes, show tickets, mini-golf and pizza and a $10 game card. If you have children, this would be the ideal spot for you to spend part or all of your spring or summer vacation.
6. Things to do in Branson for dinner have never been so exciting! No visit to Branson, Missouri is complete without a visit to the Dixie Stampede Dinner Show. As well as one of the most fun things to do in Branson, you will enjoy their reasonable rates and their delicious four-course dinner with dessert. Even kids as young as three or younger can enjoy the food and the show. While you feast on a scrumptious meal, you can also enjoy a wonderful show including horse riding stunts and special effects. The entire family will be enthralled by the opening show as well as the horse shows and entertaining performances to follow. This is truly an amazing experience for everyone.
7. Silver Dollar City is one of the most well-known attractions in Branson. Over 40 shows, 20 rides, a huge Marvel Cave and 60 shops make up this amusement park settles in the middle of the Ozarks.
8. Marvel Cave is not the only caverns to discover in Branson. Another underground gem of the area, Talking Rock Caverns, feature a walk-through underground tour. These caverns are located west of Branson. There are thousands of beautiful living crystal cave formations in an assortment of colors and textures. The Talking Rock Caverns are open year round and each tour lasts about an hour and there are several tours throughout the day. Visitors can even get up close and personal with a bat or two! In addition to visiting the caves, there is also a mini-golf. This is sure to be a great day for the entire family. Before you leave, don’t forget to check out the gift shop where you can browse and buy unique gifts such as an onyx chessboard, fossils and even sterling silver jewelry.
9. Discover the Ozarks Legacy and Legend with the IMAX theater of Branson. This 50 minute show will educate visitors on the wonders of the Ozarks with a musical background, all set in the 1820s.
10. There are many underground things to do in the Ozark mountains such as Fantastic Caverns. This cave adventure is the only cave in the United States with a ride-through feature. Go for a ride under Missouri, literally, to discover the rich history of this underground treasure kingdom. Despite being a 2-hours drive from Branson, Fantastic caverns worth visiting nonetheless.