Top 10 Colorado Springs Attractions
The Colorado Springs attractions are some of the most impressive in the world. Many are natural wonders, while others are man-made. Nonetheless, regardless of how they were created, they still invoke a feeling of awe and wonder when you see them in person.
The top 10 Colorado Springs attractions are as follows:
1. Pikes Peak – Hiking Pikes Peak is a must for anyone who plans a trip to Colorado Springs. It is the most famous landmark in the state and at a height of 14,110 feet, the most spectacular.
2. Pikes Peak Cog Railway – This attraction is the second most popular way to reach Pikes Peak. It is a comfortable train that allows you to relax while taking in the breathtaking scenery of Pikes Peak. Rather than driving, those who partake in this attraction can enjoy a 75 minute ride up the mountain and spot bighorn sheep or marmots.
3. Garden of the Gods – The Garden of the Gods Colorado Springs is an area that contains massive formations of red sandstone formed over a period of a million plus years. Here you can hike along the various trails or enjoy a ride through the area on horseback.
4. Cheyenne Mt. Zoo – One of the top Colorado Springs attractions, although it is not the most famous of zoos. What makes this zoo so special is the location. It sits along the mountain which is approximately 6,800 feet high above the ground level. It has over 500 different animal species including 30 endangered animals.
5. Air Force Academy – One of the more unusual things to do in Colorado Springs is to take a trip to the Air Force Academy, which just turned 50 years old. It is significant because of the fantastic Cadet Chapel that has 17 spires all sparkling to a height of 150 feet.
6. Cave of the Winds – This is always on the list of great Colorado Springs attractions due to the sheer beauty of the cave. It is a geological oddity filled with stalagmites, stalactites, tunnels and rock formations.
7. Miramont Castle – This mansion, built over 100 years ago, in 1895 is a pure work of art and is worthy of a visit. In addition to the dazzling architecture, there is also a museum inside.
8. US Olympic Complex – Regardless of whether it is Olympic season or not, this is one of the best Colorado Springs attractions because of the incredible size and stature. It houses 5 gyms and an aquatic center with a pool that measures 50×25 meters. See where the best of the best come to train.
9. Stables at the Broadmoor – A wonderful way to see Pike National Forest is by renting a horse and following a guided trail. You can enjoy lunch by visiting Stage Stop Grill.
10. Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame – Since Colorado is cowboy country, this is one of the more appropriate Colorado Springs attractions where you can reflect on the days gone by as well as spend time admiring the extensive art collection.