Top 10 Cleveland Attractions Locals Recommend!
There are so many Cleveland attractions that locals recommend for the first time visitor that you might consider developing a solid plan, prior to arrival. You will most certainly want to see the popular places, but there are also quite a few out-of-the-way spots that you will find appealing as well.
The top 10 Cleveland attractions locals recommend are:
1. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum – This 25+ year old museum pays homage to old and new rock and roll musicians alike. It is an enormous facility that is unlike any other in the world today. The sole purpose is for music enthusiasts and fans to come together under one roof and reflect on the artists who changed their lives.
2. Cleveland Museum of Natural History – With hundreds of exhibits, including the Whale exhibit between October and January, this is the best place for anyone of any age. For the kids, there are dinosaurs, wildlife exhibits, an interactive Discovery Center and live animal presentations. Adults will love the gardens, planetarium and monuments.
3. Cleveland Metroparks Zoo – If you want fun things to do in Cleveland Ohio, this zoo will keep you busy for hours. They have a collection of monkeys, apes and other primates that no other zoo in the U.S. can compare to. They also have an incredible Rainforest exhibit that actually simulates tropical storms.
4. Progressive Field – No doubt, many of the top Cleveland tourist attractions are hands-on, thrilling and adventurous, however, a day at Progressive Field will fill your day with fantasy, especially if you love baseball. This is the home of the Cleveland Indians and if you are lucky enough to manage a seat, you just might have a chance to meet a player or two.
5. Christmas Story House – Who could pass up this gem of all Cleveland attractions? This is the famous home of Ralphie and his family from the all time favorite, ‘A Christmas Story’.
6. Great Lakes Science Center – Another one of the Cleveland attractions the locals love because it is a combination of fun and learning. The OmniMax Theater always has great movies and the interactive exhibits will teach you about science, the universe and more.
7. Cleveland Botanical Garden – This is a place where you can go and drink in all of the natural beauty Cleveland offers. It is peaceful and serene and filled with butterflies, flowers and plants. You can also see birds and ducks that are not known to be Cleveland natives. There are even a few non U.S. bird species, making this an extra-special treat.
8. North Chagrin Reservation – If you want to spend your day hiking and walking in a park that has dozens of remarkable trails, this is the place to go. In addition to the surroundings, which are breathtaking, you also have a number of photo opportunities.
9. Playhouse Square Center – Nothing like a day at the theater and Playhouse Square Center is famous for great shows at an affordable price. The theater is spectacularly designed too.
10. USS Cod Submarine Memorial – Those who want a slice of history can head over to this memorial and witness the submarine that participated in WWII.