Top 10 Attractions at Walt Disney World Parks
Walt Disney World is not only among the most popular places to visit in Florida but in the US. Moreover, Walt Disney World Parks are the most sought after family destination in the world providing a myriad of entertainment options for kids of all ages and their parents. Four giant theme parks, two water parks and over two dozen resorts coupled with world class golf courses, shopping and entertainment venues leave us with a head spinning list of choices before planning a family vacation or Walt Disney world honeymoon.
Limiting our list to just 10 Walt Disney World Parks attractions is no easy task and we hope that you will forgive us if we have not included your favorite ride, show or experience in this article. It’s all really in the eyes of the beholder, and boys and girls of different ages might have completely different likes and preferences, so do their parents. However, we have tried narrowing down to top 10 attractions at the Walt Disney World Parks that would appeal to a lot of visitors.
1. Disney Mountain Rides – Three magnificent rollercoaster rides, each offering unforgettable experiences and must be seen at least once. The Splash Mountain Ride is inspired by Disney’s Song of the South movie and presents amazing soaking adventure fun taking you along swamps, caves, meadows accompanied by Disney’s favorite songs, characters and finally a five stories high splash fall. The Space Mountain is a sheer pleasure for space buffs inviting you to explore outer space, planets, constellations and feel like a real astronaut. Big Thunder Railroad ride is among the top Walt Disney World rides taking you through a ghost mining town with spooky dark tunnels, waterfalls, abandoned mine shafts and so much more.
2. Wishes Nighttime Spectacular at Magic Kingdom – Enjoy this all time favorite outdoor fireworks, lights and music spectacle set at the backdrop of magic Cinderella Castle. Celebrate the power of believing with your favorite Disney characters, watch Tinkerbell fly and capture this magnificently synchronized show on family video to cherish for years to come. The show runs daily and might be cancelled due to inclement weather.
3. Soaring Epcot Adventure – Impossible to describe but a must to experience, the magic of Disney will blow wind through your hair as you hang glide over the California landscapes. Very realistic IMAX experience taken just another notch up by Disney.
4. Lights, Motors, Action! – If you have always wanted to see how action movie stunts were filmed, now is your chance to see it at the Disney Hollywood Studios. At the world’s top stunts show you will see how cars fall from 5 stories high, fly through obstacles on fire, set on car pursuits and so much more
5. Kilimanjaro Safari at Animal Kingdom – Did you know that you can end up in African savannah without leaving Walt Disney World Parks in Florida? Indeed a thrilling adventure as you ride in open air vehicles across savannah plains to see Africa’s wild cats, Black Rhinos, elephants, hippos, wildebeests, zebras and many more other exotic animal species. Upgrade to a VIP Safari tour to get even more intimate wildlife adventure during 3 hour trekking experiences.
6. Festival of the Lion King at Animal Kingdom – If you need a break to catch your breath and you want to enjoy just another side of Disney culture, Festival of the Lion King Broadway style show is a must see for kids of all ages. Giant puppets and costumed actors joint to celebrate the greatness of Disney’s classic in this colorful show that you will not soon forget.
7. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – One of the most blood chilling and terrifying experiences in Disney World Parks tops just about any list of rides to try taking you to a haunted Hollywood Tower Hotel. At first you are introduced to the original story, taken through a series of rooms where former hotel guest materialize, lights flicker to tickle your nerves but the adventure begins in a haunted elevator with opening doors and free falling experience not to be missed.
8. Downtown Disney World – No visit to Disney World is complete without visiting its Downtown area. This is a large fun filled area that your family will love offering spectacular entertainment options like boat and hot air balloon rides, dining among dinosaur creatures or extra romantic settings, family style bowling, live shows, world’s largest Disney store and so much more.
9. Disney’s Boardwalk – Your whole family will love strolling along a charming ¼ mile long Disney Boardwalk that opens picturesque views and offer an endless array of dining and shopping options. Many families choose to rent surrey bikes seating four to allow for pleasant waterfront exploration.
10. The Waterparks – Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon Waterparks are definitely among the top waterparks in Florida. Enjoy the view from the top of chairlifts, lounge at the pool, participate in family friendly rides or tickle your nerves at the Summit Plummet freefall experience.
It’s not a surprise that visiting Disney World Parks could cost you a fortune, however you can save not only on Walt Disney World tickets if you buy admission online or consider purchasing an annual pass if you are a frequent visitor but also by staying in a non-Disney resort nearby. Many hotels offer discounted tickets for sale to visit Disney World and other Orlando Florida attractions. In addition, if you are an AAA member, you could get a significant cost reduction on your admission price.