Top 10 Atlanta Tourist Attractions Everyone Must See!
When you travel to some places, there are just certain attractions that you have to mark off the list. Paris has the Eiffel Tower, California has the Hollywood Sign and Atlanta, well it has several things. Here are the top 10 Atlanta tourist attractions that you won’t want to miss.
1. Georgia Aquarium, Atlanta, GA – One of the largest of its kind. It’s highlight is the world’s largest fish, the whale shark. The aquarium offers opportunities to swim or dive with the shark and have several exhibits about it and the marine life.
2. King Center — One of the great tribute and living memorial to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. This downtown Atlanta attraction is a library and resource center that maintains exhibits and collections of artifacts from Dr. King.
3. Zoo Atlanta – Situated near Grant Park and Cyclorama, the zoo is home to several animals and different types of species not to mention one of the fun attractions in Atlanta.
4. Shopping in Buckhead – Shopping capital of Atlanta. Laden with designer stores and boutiques, Buckhead is like the Rodeo Drive of Beverly Hills.
5. Six Flags of Georgia — Rollercoasters and cotton candy go together like two peas in a pod. Visit the amusement park for a thrilling afternoon.
6. Underground Atlanta – This is a typical shopping mall, however it was built among the underground tunnel passages in the city.
7. Stone Mountain Park – An amusement theme park that showcases amazing laser light shows, games, rides and entertainment for all ages.
8. World of Coca Cola – Among popular Atlanta tourist attractions is a museum that highlights what you’ve always wanted to know about America’s favorite soda. Exhibits include the iconic Coca Cola Polar Bears and plenty of memorabilia of the soft drinks history.
9. Imagine It! Children’s Museum of Atlanta – A creative environment that stimulates play for children of all ages. They emphasize the importance of role-playing with interesting interactive exhibits. Among one of the best Atlanta attractions for kids.
10. Professional sports – Take your pick depending on the season. Atlanta has four professional sports team to cheer for. There are the Falcons for the NFL fans, the Dream for fans of the WNBA, the Hawks are there for the NBA and lastly the Braves represent the MLB.
Atlanta tourist attractions are countless and at least a week should be reserved to enjoy all the activities this city has to offer.