There are so many Arizona tourist attractions that you may need to take some time to plan your trip so you don’t miss anything. Just because the state is filled with lots of things to do, doesn’t mean you have to get overwhelmed.
The top 10 Arizona Tourist Attractions You Shouldn’t Miss are listed below:
1. Grand Canyon Skywalk – Located on the West rim of the Grand Canyon, tourists can walk above the Grand Canyon, safely from the glass bridge. There is also a cafe on the premises. Anything relating to the Grand Canyon will always make the list of Arizona tourist attractions, but this is truly spectacular.
2. Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park – You can drive, hike or camp at this park and view sandstone monuments between 400 and 1000 feet high. In total, there are over 91,000 acres to explore.
3. Tucson Gun Show – No gun lover can visit Arizona without making a stop over in Tucson. Their gun shows generally start in April and continue through the month of December.
4. Old Tucson Studios – Originally designed in 1939 for the film, Arizona, this studio continued to make over 300 movies and television shows throughout the years. There are tours available, as well as antique car rides, train rides, trail rides and great food.
5. Pima Air and Space Museum – Dedicated to flight history and home to one of the biggest aircraft collections ever recorded. If you love airplanes and history, this is the perfect place.
6. Tucson Botanical Gardens – This is a must see for anyone who has a true love of the Arizona desert environment. Before you start exploring, stop here for a real education.
7. Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument – Located in Flagstaff, the crater is the result if a volcanic eruption more than 900 years ago. Hiking is easy enough for all ages to enjoy.
8. Hot Air Expeditions – Provides hot air balloon rides on a daily basis, all year.
9. Carnival of Illusion – Perhaps the best up-close magic available in the state of Arizona. It is one of the Arizona tourist attractions you shouldn’t miss because the setting is super-intimate, only 35 seats; it is very personal and wonderfully entertaining.
10. Chase Field – This is the official home of the Arizona Diamondbacks, the major league baseball team. Tours are available daily and there are lots of foods to choose from.
As you can see, there are lots of things to do in Arizona and the attractions are all varied. Spending your vacation here will definitely leave you feeling exhilarated and energized.
If you enjoyed reading about the tourist attractions in Arizona, you may like other publications on Things to Do in Arizona.