Top 10 Amusement Parks in Southern California
The amusement parks in Southern California all differ in some way, no two are alike. Depending on what you want to experience, you should have no problem planning the perfect vacation.
The top 10 amusement parks in Southern California are listed below for your enjoyment:
1. Disneyland – For obvious reasons, Disneyland tops the list of the best amusement parks in Southern California. Located in Anaheim, California and the exclusive Orange County region, this theme park is famous for its exceptional attractions and is separated into sections including, Adventureland, Fantasyland, Frontierland, Tomorrowland and more.
2. Disney California Adventure Park – This is one of the best places to visit in Southern California because it is right next to Disneyland, but focuses more on themed rides and attractions. For example, the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Radiator Springs Racers. The park offers something for everyone, including thrill rides for adults and teens, which include California Screamin’ a massive 120 foot high rollercoaster.
3. Universal Studios – Universal Studios Hollywood is a combination theme park and movie studio, which makes it very different. It is located in Universal City, a Los Angeles County community so it is also one of the top tourist attractions in Los Angeles. It features rides that allow you to feel like you are part of a movie set, like Shrek, Revenge of the Mummy and Transformers.
4. Knott’s Berry Farm – This family-owned theme park is located in Buena Park and has been around since the early 1930s. It can rival some of the larger amusement parks in Southern California. It sits on 150 acres and has 38 rides, including a massive, wooden roller coaster called Ghostrider. It’s also great for small children who will find Camp Snoopy absolutely irresistible.
5. SeaWorld San Diego – This is one of the most exciting San Diego tourist attractions. It is fun for animal lovers who want to see the world famous whale, dolphin and porpoise shows and it also has quite a few thrill rides, like Shipwreck Rapids, Journey to Atlantis and Wild Arctic Ride.
6. Six Flags Magic Mountain – This is part of a national chain of theme parks. They offer rides for kids in Bugs Bunny World, for families in Cyclone Bay, and thrill-seekers will definitely want to check out Goliath and Batman the Ride.
7. Raging Waters – The water parks in Southern California are just as spectacular, like this one, located in San Dimas. With 19 attractions and play areas for the smaller children, it’s the best way to spend a warm sunny day.
8. Pacific Park – This is more like a permanent carnival and has loads of rides, food and attractions. Since it’s right on the Santa Monica Pier, you can also take advantage of the warm ocean breezes and even step over to the trapeze school for a quick fly through the sky.
9. Legoland – Who wouldn’t want to spend a day with the little ones exploring Legoland in Carlsbad? It’s perfect for ages 2 to about 12 and since it is 128 acres in size, it will take hours to see everything. There are rides in all sections, which include Fun Town, Imagination Zone, Dino Island and more. They even have Star Wars Miniland and a water park.
10. Castle Park – This theme park offers 27 rides along with midway games, a water park and video arcade. You can also try out the four miniature golf courses. It is located in Riverside.