Top 10 Amusement Parks in Florida Besides Disney World
With such a variety of amusement parks in Florida, it’s no wonder that the Sunshine State is the number one Mecca for theme park lovers not only in the United States but in the world. Walt Disney World parks are indeed the most highly rated of all amusement parks in Florida, however, if you are not a fan of Mickey and Minnie and the whole fairy tale culture and are a little eerie of crowds with screaming children, there are many more other amusement parks in Florida besides Disney World you are guaranteed to enjoy.
Please read below where we have carefully selected the most rated theme parks in Florida for your information.
1. Universal Studios Orlando – Love movies and adventure? Gotta love Universal Studios Orlando, a premier mega sized movie theme park and one of the best places to visit in Florida for the whole family. Come behind the scenes and learn tricks of how your favorite movies are created, become a part of show stopping adventures and engage in adrenaline charged rides. The rollercoaster at Universal Studios are not just rides, they are powerful experiences engaging all of your senses, plunging you into darkness, taking you to unbelievable heights or depths revealing characters that were featured in many Universal Studios movies.
2. Universal’s Islands of Adventure – Another NBC Universal owned theme park that encompasses seven distinctly different Adventure Islands. Whether you like taking dinosaur themed rides and learning about prehistoric times at Jurassic Park, hanging out with comic book Superheroes at the Marvel Super Hero Island or have small children to enjoy Seusse Landing attractions, there’s no limit to fun and engaging activities at this one of the coolest amusement parks in Florida. Explore their newly added seventh island called The Wizarding World of Harry Potter to dive into the dark and exciting world of Harry Potter with its award winning Dragon Challenge ride and so much more.
3. SeaWorld Orlando – One of the most popular amusement parks in Orlando known well across the United States and the entire world visited by over 5 million visitors annually. This marine based zoological park houses a large family of orcas, sea lions, dolphins, penguins and other representatives of the marine wildlife. But SeaWorld Orlando has so much more to appeal to virtually any traveler including world class rides like soaking Journey to Atlantis and terrifying Kraken; award winning shows like Shamu One Ocean, Blue Horizons and others; animal exhibits and unique behind the scenes animal encounters.
4. Busch Gardens Tampa Bay – Sitting on its 335 acre lot, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is an Africa themed zoological park and amusement park in one. One of the largest and highly coveted amusement parks in Florida, it’s frequented by 4 million visitors annually. There are a number of themed areas across the park representing Africa’s countries and regions like Morocco, Congo, Timbuktu and many others. The park is home to 2700 different animals and some of the most daring rides in the United States like 143 ft high Kumba inversion rollercoaster, Sheikra floorless dive ride and Scorpion vertical loop rollercoaster.
5. Gatorland Orlando – Its easily recognizable entrance façade of gaping alligator jaws is hard to miss and promises loads of fun for the lovers of these reptiles. Since 1949 Gatorland has been one of the leading Orlando Florida attractions and one of the largest reptile reserves in the country. Spread across 100 acres, here you will find thousands of live crocodiles and alligators in addition to reptile themed death defying shows, zip lining adventures and family style fun.
6. Legoland Florida – Located in Winter Haven, FL, Legoland Florida is the largest park of its kind in the world. Formerly known as Cypress Gardens Botanical Park it has expanded into one of the most popular theme parks in the country. Conveniently located within 45 minute ride from either Orlando or Tampa, Legoland offers a variety of attractions including 50 rollercoaster rides, theme shows and attractions to greet its guests. Lego Kindgdoms, Duplo Village, Imagination Zone and Miniland USA are just a short list of attraction zones in Legoland Florida. Legoland Waterpark is an excellent way to cool off in warmer weather.
7. Discovery Cove – Sister park of the famous SeaWorld Orlando offering even more close up encounters with marine animals by feeding, touching and swimming with bottle nosed dolphins, rays and snorkel with exotic species of fish. Lounge at white sandy beaches and the Serenity Bay.
8. Aquatica Orlando – One of the largest water parks in Florida sprawls across its 59 acres lot offering limitless rides, swimming and splashing adventures. Among Aquatica’s iconic rides, you will find Dolphins Plunge, a unique ride of its kind taking you through a pool with dolphins. Super fast 8 lane Taumata Racer will take your breath away as you slide through enclosed tubes and end up nearly vertically falling in the open tube lanes. Two different levels of wave pools let you decide whether you want to take it slowly or ride hard.
9. Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens – One of a kind walking safari zoological garden offering unique encounters with over 2000 rare animals and 1000 plants. Explore Savannah Blooms, learn about Asian Bamboo Gardens and marvel at the River of Color Garden area. Get ready to come up-close with African apes, elephants, giraffes, wild cats and birds of African River Aviary. Unique animal exhibits were created to mimic natural habitat allowing you to witness animals in their natural living conditions.
10. Silver Springs – The ultimate family amusement park offering cool rides, zoological exhibits where you can see swamp reptiles, wild cats, bears and many others. Silver Springs Botanical Gardens are popular grounds for weddings and special occasions with its beautiful outdoor vistas. Silver Springs River Cruises are perhaps one of the most unique experiences you can try by going on glass bottom boats to see incredible Florida marine wildlife like alligators, snakes and shellfish.