Top 10 Amusement Parks in Colorado
If you and your family want to find amusement parks in Colorado, you will quickly learn that this state actually features a variety that you can select from. True, Colorado may not be the first place to go looking for a theme park, but that doesn’t mean that you will be disappointed.
The fact is, there are a number of amusement parks in Colorado, and whether you are looking for heart-stopping roller coasters or just a taste of cotton candy, all you need to do is find one nearby.
The top 10 amusement parks in Colorado are listed here:
1. Six Flags Elitch Gardens Theme Park – It is always the top of all Denver tourist attractions for families looking for thrills, within the city limits. There are 7 roller coasters, carnival-type games, and live entertainment.
2. Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park – Located in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, this is the only one of the amusement parks in Colorado that offers bungee jumping. You can also slide down a zip line ride that stretches 640 feet across.
3. Santa’s Workshop – Don’t’ let the name fool you. Of all the amusement parks in Colorado, this one is probably the best for families because it is extremely diverse. It offers the winter wonderland theme, but you will find out quickly that it will surprise you with the 24 rides split into categories: family, child only and no infants. They include boat rides, antique car rides, carousels, Ferris wheels and of course, roller coasters.
4. Lakeside Amusement Park – This is one of the theme parks in Colorado which features steel coasters, bumper boats, a train ride and even a drop tower. It is located in Denver and even has an old fashioned merry-go-round.
5. Heritage Square Amusement Park – This is one of the amusement parks in Colorado that has a park-like setting. In fact, it bears a striking resemblance to a traditional park, complete with an enormous lake. They even have rides specifically for children under the age of 1 year. Other rides include, swings, bumper boats, space shutter, go karts and paddle boats.
6. Water World – Not only is this the best of the water parks in Colorado, but it also has something special, the only water coaster in Colorado. It is located only minutes away from the downtown Denver area and also has extreme rides for older teens and young adults.
7. Royal Gorge Bridge and Park – Not your traditional amusement park, and maybe that’s why it’s so fun and exciting. This park offers rides like the zip line, an aerial tram, incline railway and the spectacular sky coaster, which allows you to free fall approximately 50 miles per hour. There’s also a trolley, train ride and burro rides for the kids.
8. Gateway Fun Park – You can stack up a day’s worth of activities by playing 18 holes of miniature golf, or speeding along the 2100 feet of curves with a go kart. There’s also a massive human maze, batting cages and a traditional arcade filled with dozens of games.
9. Boondocks Fun Center – Spend a few hours bowling, in a setting much like your own living room. Or, play laser tag, a few arcade games or choose from three go kart stations for rookies or the more experienced drivers. The range is from 36 inches to 60 inches, with or without a license.
10. iT’Z Colorado – One of the better Colorado Springs attractions for kids between 2 and 16, because it really is just for them. Adults will enjoy mini bowling and the video games too. But, the best part is being able to watch the little ones participate in racing along the Speedway or the Monkey Jump.