San Diego Balboa Park – Top 10 Things To Do!
San Diego Balboa Park is sprawling across 1,000 acres of picturesque land providing guests and tourists with a copious variety of things to do and see. Take a moment and consider purchasing a “Passport to Balboa Park” granting you right to attend 14 San Diego Museums and costing you only $49 per adult and $27 per child admission.
1. San Diego Zoo is not only the top attraction at the San Diego Balboa Park, it is proud to be rated among top 5 Zoos in the country. This fact explains why the Zoo greets several million visitors annually. Rare animal species are kept in a series of innovative “cageless” exhibits creating an illusion of interacting with the animals in their natural habitat.
2. San Diego Natural History Museum is a spectacular attraction located at the vicinity of the San Diego Balboa Park offering its visitors an overview of historical and archaeological facts, finds and artifacts from the early history of mankind through modern day. The museum is especially great for older children putting and educational spin on your family vacation.
3. San Diego Museum of Art is one of the most respected in the nation museums hosting over half a million visitors annually. Among displayed art pieces you will find paintings by Renaissance European artists, early American Art along with artifacts from Asian countries.
4. San Diego Museum of Man displays various exhibits devoted to early history of mankind with the main emphasis of ancient Egypt, anthropological research and rare archaeological finds.
5. Japanese Friendship Garden is a great tribute to Japanese culture that proudly showcases a series of main concepts of Japanese landscape design including its bonsai garden, lily pond and a massive fig tree. Other areas of interest include a miniature railroad, koi pond and Japanese tea house serving aromatic green tea and sushi to its guests.
6. Old Globe Theatre is one of the best Performing Arts Theatres in California proudly presents play productions, musicals and special gala events.
7. Marie Hitchcock Puppet Theatre is a delightful Balboa Park destination for the little ones that is also cheap to say the least. Better suited for older tots, the Theatre offers several daily shows with ticket prices ranging from $3 for adults and $2 for kiddos.
8. San Diego Air & Space Museum celebrates the past, present and future of aviation and presents facts, exhibits, photographs, cinematographic evidence about the first, best and most notable events in the history of aviation.
9. Balboa Park San Diego Carousel is a very popular attraction for children and is proud to be one of the oldest and traditional merry-go-rounds still present in the country. The rides cost only $2 per person.
10. Miniature Railroad is a sure joy ride for kids and their parents taking them on a ½ mile long adventure across San Diego Balboa Park.
Check out our article listing the best hotels near San Diego Zoo providing comfortable accommodations and reasonable prices along with premier location.