Rome Italy attractions are filled with history and exceptional beauty; it is truly a romantic place to visit. When you are ready to travel to this foreign land, you will be exposed to so many different sights that you may become overwhelmed.
1. The Vatican City – The tiniest state in the world. Here, you can explore more the 11 museums and take a glance into the past. Vatican museum tickets are very reasonably priced.
2. The Sistine Chapel paintings, completed by the world-famous artist, Michelangelo. Schedule a tour with a professional guide who provides a background of the Sistine Chapel history.
3. The Tiber River – Explore the Gianicolo or the St. Peter dome. These views are picture perfect and included as one of the most romantic things to do in Rome.
4. The Colosseum – Other Rome Italy attractions like this are known for the Gladiator days where men fought and died in the presence of Caesar.
5. The Pantheon – Tops the list of Rome Italy attractions because of the impressive stature. Originally, created to serve as a worship temple to Roman Gods.
6. Arch of Constantine – One of the most interesting things to do in Rome and is located directly outside of the Colosseum.
7. San Clemente Basilica – A stunning work of art, built on top of a Christian church dating back to the 4th Century.
8. Trevi Fountain – Built in 1762, this fountain stands out because of the local legend; if you throw a coin in the fountain, you are guaranteed to return.
9. The Spanish Steps – A total of 138 stairs lead you along the corridor of the Piazza di Spagna.
10. Vittorio Emanuele II Monument’s Glass Elevator – The best views of Rome are seen from here.
11. Monument to Vittorio Emanuele II – Built in 1935, this monument sits directly next to Capitoline Hill and the Forum.
12. Piazza Novona – Famous for being the site of the first Roman Circus, built in 1651.
13. Villa Borghese – Home to some of the world’s most famous and priceless works of art.
14. The Castel Sant’Angelo – Built during 139 A.D., this fortress, turned museum has a connecting tunnel to the Vatican.
15. Palazzo Senatorio – A palace located on Capitoline Hill and home to the Renaissance building, the location of the city government.
There are even more Rome Italy attractions that you will find interesting so your next step is to call your travel agent and schedule your trip. Soon, you will be whisked away to a land filled with ancient wonders.
If you are looking for more places to visit in Rome, Italy please continue reading along to the next article.