Ring of Kerry: Top 10 Must-See Places!
Ireland is a beautiful country rich in history, religion and culture. One of the most popular areas to visit is the Ring of Kerry. The Dingle Peninsula is one of four main areas of Kerry County along with Iveragh, Beara Peninsulas and the Northern County. There are many wonderful and interesting places in Ring of Kerry to visit. Here we have a list of the top 10 must see places.
1. Kerry Bog Village Museum – This is the only museum in Europe of its kind. Visitors are able to see exactly how the Irish lived during the 18th century.
2. Staigue Fort – This is the largest stone fort as well as one of the oldest at about 2,500 years old. It is thought to have been built before A.D., before Christianity came to Ireland. The fort is about 6 meters high and 4 meters thick and completely made without the use of mortar.
3. Derrynane House – The former home of Daniel O’Connell and is part of the Derrynane National Park and is abundant with flora and fauna. A beautiful place to visit.
4. Rock of Cashel – This is the most visited of the Ireland castles and should not be missed!
5. Eclipse Center – This amazing equestrian and adventure center offers many fun activities for the entire family. Activities include, pony trekking, archery, cycling and rock climbing. There are also spa facilities on the property for guests to make use of.
6. Kenmare Art Gallery – Visitors may enjoy and even purchase authentic Irish art.
7. Torc Waterfall – Enjoy a relaxing picnic by this 60 foot waterfall with majestic views of the lake and surrounding trees.
8. Ogham Stones – This is the earliest system of writing in Ireland. The display is located between Beaufort Village and the Gap of Dunloe.
9. Holly Well – This popular Ring of Kerry landmark is thought to have healing powers.
10. Blarney Castle – No trip to Ireland is complete without a visit to this most famous castle.
It’s obvious that when in Ireland and more specifically the Ring of Kerry, there are many wonderful activities for the entire family so as to make your time in this beautiful country one to remember. Many of the popular Ireland vacation packages most likely will include one or more of these amazing destinations.