Nightlife in Miami is like no other. Singer/songwriter Will Smith said it best in his iconic song, “Miami”:
Welcome to Miami
Bouncing in the club where the heat is on
All night on the beach to the break of dawn
I’m going to Miami
If you are ready to get your party on, check out this top 10 list of the hottest Miami nightlife spots.
- Mynt Lounge – Exclusively A-list. The Mynt is the place to be and be seen. But only the best of the best can make past the door staff, so come dressed to impress. The music is a mixed variety of all the rhythm and rhymes of Miami. Location: 1921 Collins Avenue Miami Beach.
- Fountainbleau Liv – Definitely one of the cool things to do in Miami is to hang out at Fountainbleau Hotel. They have several bars and lounges to meet your mood, whether you want to have a nice cocktail or listen to a few tunes from a live band. There’s also a house rocking, trend setting nightclub called Liv that is the heartbeat of the hotel. If VIP treatment is what you want, call in advance to reserve one of six private skyboxes which feature chic European bottle service. Upscale dress code mandatory. Location: 4441 Collins Ave. Miami Beach.
- Cameo – Miami nightlife at its prime. Hot factor, without a doubt. They feature the best and hottest DJ’s from all over the world, so you are sure to find a blend of dance music geared to make you get on the dance floor and bust a move. Tip: They always have promos for complimentary entry, so it’s worth visiting their website. Location: 1445 Washington Ave. Miami Beach.
- Mango’s Tropical Café – Come for a Caribbean style dinner, stay for the time of your life. Mango delivers a party atmosphere that has kept people coming back for years. A staple of the South Beach scene, but this club never seems to go out of style. Party-goers will enjoy the sounds of Conga, Salsa and Samba music. Not to mention the live entertainment of the sensual Mango House Dancers that put on a steamy show atop several bars situated throughout the club. Location: 900 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach.
- Mansions – Looking for cool points? Just show up at Mansions for a taste of Miami nightlife you aren’t soon to forget. DJ Konflikt mixes Dance and Hip Hop on the turn-style to hype the crowd every Wednesday night. Location: 1235 Washington Ave. Miami Beach.
- Louis Miami – Under the same management as Mansions, these owners know what it takes to a club pop. Louis is decked out with a shocking color scheme interior and an incomparable resonating sound system. Music played falls in all genres including Alternative and Top 40.
- Set Miami – Yes there are many club options and things to do in Miami at night, but none set it off as smoothly as Set Miami. They feature live performances weekly from a who’s who top line up. Set Miami has a dramatic design aesthetic that meshes well with their Art Deco District neighbors and is located at 320 Lincoln Rd. Miami Beach.
- Nikki Beach Club – Ultra posh and ultra chic dining and nightclub experience all in one place. This club has a long reputation as being the flagship of the Miami nightlife scene. Their guest list is swollen with the names of celebrity A listers and their calendar is jam packed with events, socials and seasonal festivals. Located at the helm on 1 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach.
- Tantra – A favorite among locals and visitors, Tantra has the long standing distinction of being an industry leader when it comes to things to do in South Beach Miami. It’s known for fine dining and to be a great date night location when you are in need of a romantic evening. The restaurant menu tempts the senses as they sustain an aphrodisiac beauty type of cuisine. After dinner stay for drinks and dance the night away in their lounge. Tip: The lounge is open until 5am on Monday nights. Pricing is moderate to high and Tantra is located at 1445 Pennsylvania Ave. Miami Beach.
- Mokai Miami – The best words to describe Mokai are…sexy and high end. If you’re looking for an upscale touch, this is the nightclub for you. Adorned with purple strobe lights and jewel toned designer furniture in the VIP sections, guests will be treated like royalty. Known to have the best vibe on the beach, that’s one of the reasons why it’s an exclusive hot spot. To gain entry, try to score a place on their coveted guest list. Location: 235 23rd St. Miami Beach.
Whether you’re coming from out of town or local towns like Coconut Grove, don’t come less then best if you plan to party in South Beach. Competition is high to get access to the hottest clubs in town. Tip: Hotel concierges may be able to get you on guest lists and some hotels have VIP cards for complimentary entry to the top clubs.