Meramec Caverns Facts
Below there are top five reasons why we think Meramec Caverns near St. Louis are fun for everyone:
1. Ideal For All Ages – The Meramec Caverns are open almost every day of the year, and they are ideal for any age. The caves and caverns extend far, and you do not need to make reservations, although if you have a large group you may want to plan in advance. Even younger children will be astonished at the natural beauty that these caverns have to offer, and it is definitely a unique experience.
2. Meramec State Park – Meramec Caverns are in the State Park, and there are other things to see and do as well as exploring the caves. The whole area is a natural paradise, with an abundance of wildlife and beautiful plants and flowers, and that is just above the ground. Visit the caverns and then spend some time exploring the park as well, for a memorable trip you will not forget.
3. A Short Drive From St. Louis – The Meramec Caverns are conveniently situated to St. Louis, so you can be at the caverns in a short time. You can choose to stay at any of the St Louis hotels, or you can choose a resort or hotel closer. There are also campgrounds which can be utilized in the park if you prefer to rough it or you are on a smaller budget.
4. Seven Levels of Caves To Explore – The system of caves which make up the Meramec Caverns consists of different levels. You can go down and tour all seven levels, or you can choose to only go down a few, the choice is up to you. Every level offers an amazing view of natural splendor and fascinating formations, and these caves are a must see.
5. Amazing Formations and Underground Landscapes – A tour through the Meramec Caverns can show you natural formations thousands of years in the making. There is convenient Meramec Caverns lodging close to the caves, so you can spend more of your time discovering the secrets that these caverns hold. The sights you see underground will astonish and thrill you.