Hawaii Volcano Tours Review – 5 Best Choices!
Hawaii Volcano tours are available from Hilo, Maui, Kauai and Oahu. They are the most popular of all tours because everyone who visits wants to take a close look at the famous Hawaiian volcanoes at least once during their stay.
Because of this, most Hawaii Volcano tours, with the exception of those departing from Hilo include airfare in the package. It is the fastest and most convenient way to get to your destination and the rates are very reasonable.
Other Hawaii Volcano tours include touring the area by air or by sea. You can select an hour long tour or one that lasts all day. It really depends on the level of excitement you want to achieve as well as the size of your group.
If you are considering one of the many Hawaii Volcano tours, you should take care to ensure that everything is included. That will take your mind of the details and put your focus back on exploration and adventure.
Here are the 5 best choices for Hawaii Volcano tours:
1. Hawaii Volcano Evening Eco Tour – This tour begins with pickup from your hotel in Hilo and takes you through this gorgeous town to places like Banyan Drive and Rainbow Falls. Next, head directly to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park where you will be in the middle of all the action. See sights like Kilauea Steam Vents, Thurston Lava Tube, the Halema’uma’u Crater and of course, Kilauea Iki Overlook. This tour includes your admission into the park as well as transportation and meals.
2. 1 Day Hawaii Volcano Tour – This is the best of all volcano tours from Oahu. You will receive pickup from your hotel in Oahu and be taken to the airport where you will fly to Hilo. All the while, your professional guide will point out interesting sights along the way. Once you arrive, you will see Liliuokalani Gardens. Enjoy walking the rainforest on your way to Wailuku River State park and stops at Hawaii Volcano Observatory, Crater Rim, Kilauea Iki Crater and Kilauea Caldera.
3. Circle of Fire plus Waterfalls Helicopter Tour – Choose this tour for a chance to see a Kilauea volcano eruption. This tour emphasizes all of the areas where volcanic activity is most active. From the safety of a helicopter, witness flowing lava moving as if it were alive. You can also see the beauty of the sandy beaches, all black sand. Your tour also includes views of the cascading waterfalls and lush rain forests.
4. Hawaii Volcano Boat Tour – Nothing beats the Big Island activities like taking a 2 or more hour tour of the coastline. Choose between early morning tours that depart at sunrise, or between the afternoon and sunset. This tour allows you to see the beaches made from black sand, the massive sea life, and of course, the rivers running red with molten lava. You also have a unique view of lava arches and sea cliffs. You will feel the steam rising and the heat from the lava.
5. Kona Coffee and Craters Tour – This is one of the things to do in Kona Hawaii specifically for those who want to hike and climb. It’s a moderate activity for anyone over age 8 and includes highlights within the Hualalai slopes, which is considered Kona’s Coffee paradise. You will spend hours admiring the scenic beauty where you final stop is the Hualalai Volcano.