Gaslamp District San Diego – 5 Must-Do Things!
If you only had one day to spend in sunny San Diego, which attraction would you head to? Without a doubt Gaslamp district San Diego is an all-encompassing downtown historical neighborhood that features a little bit of everything you might be looking for, including dining, shopping and a blend of attractions that will keep you entertained by day or night. Stretching across over 16 blocks, Gaslamp district San Diego packs plenty of things to do in downtown San Diego, however, below we picked some really popular choices among travelers and locals to San Diego.
1. Dine at the Gaslamp Quarter. No other destination in California presents so many exuberant dining selections as the Gaslamp district in San Diego. From tempting seafood delicacies, to burgers, steaks and authentic regional cuisine choices, San Diego bars and restaurants serve some of the most diverse and mouthwatering dishes. Head to the Café Sevilla to sample their extensive tapas menu or Soleil @K for their surf and turf dishes or locals favorite Gaslamp Tavern that serves everything and the kitchen sink.
2. Shop. No matter if you are a shopaholic or a mere window shopper, all sorts of shopping enthusiasts will call Gaslamp Quarter a shopper’s haven. From upscale boutiques to vintage shops and mass merchant chain stores, you will be entertained for hours. Nearby Horton Plaza is home to hundreds of apparel, book, beauty and electronics retailers.
3. Enjoy Performing Arts at the Gaslamp. Here you can enjoy a wide selection of theatres featuring California Ballet, Opera, Broadway productions and touring groups from all over the world. Some of the most well recognized theatres are Balboa and Civic Theatres. Check the theatres’ schedule because you never know who might be performing at the Gaslamp Quarter Performing Arts.
4. Enjoy San Diego Nightlife. Nowhere else in the country you will find such an abundance of award winning bars, clubs and hang outs as at the historic Gaslamp district San Diego. Just check out Fluxx, one of the most exquisite celebrity frequented night clubs in San Diego. You will be impressed by the state of the art décor that transforms this funky nightclub into a contemporary art house that blends mind boggling shapes and colors. Do not miss paying a visit to Sevilla Nightclub that boasts authentic Spanish cuisine restaurant and bar along with one of the most popular night clubs in San Diego that features themed nights of Latin style music.
5. Party at Gaslamp district San Diego Mardi Gras. Every February Gaslamp district becomes the center stage for one of the most amazing and larger than life celebrations of the Fat Tuesday. Pack your bags with beads and masquerade costumes and prepare to celebrate Mardi Gras San Diego style. The next event is scheduled to take place on Feb 21st from 6pm to 12am. You can be absolutely sure to find plenty of live performers, icy cold beverages and stunning block party celebrations at the Gaslamp Quarter.