Best Caribbean Cruises For Seniors – Top 10 Picks!
Some of the best Caribbean cruises for seniors, 55 and older are probably not what you would expect. Today’s seniors are much more lively than many give them credit for and they crave just as much excitement.
Never underestimate how the best Caribbean cruises for older adults operate; they have the same amenities as the mainstream cruises. Forget about rocking chairs on the top deck with huge umbrellas to protect them from the sun’s rays. There is also no shuffleboard or knitting classes.
The best Caribbean cruises for seniors are filled with entertainment, fun activities and lots of lounges where they can imbibe on a frosty adult beverage or 2.
The best Caribbean cruises – top 10 picks are listed below and offer discounts like 55+ or retired military:
1. Carnival Freedom – 6 –Day Western Caribbean cruises – feature ports of call in Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. They depart from Fort Lauderdale.
2. Royal Caribbean International – 7- Day Freedom of the Seas cruise – Departs from Port Canaveral and travels to St. Thomas and St. Maarten. This is one of their best Eastern Caribbean cruises.
3. Princess Cruises – Emerald Princess – 10-Day cruises to Aruba from Florida. They also travel to St. Thomas, Dominica and Grenada.
4. Holland America – Noordam – 10-Day cruise departing from Rome. Next comes Dubrovnik, Corfu, Katakolon, Thira, Kusadasi, Athens and Messina.
5. Holland America – Oosterdam – 7-Day cruise departs from Seattle and continues through the Puget Sound, Tracy Arm, Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan and Victoria.
6. Carnival Cruise – Legend – 7-Day cruise departing from Tampa, Florida and stops in Cozumel, Belize and Mahogany Bay. You also spend 2 days in the Cayman Islands, which makes this the top Cayman Islands cruise for most seniors.
7. Cunard – Queen Mary – 7- Day Transatlantic cruise departs from New York and sails directly to Southampton.
8. MSC Cruise – Poesia – 7-Day cruise leaves from Fort Lauderdale and goes directly to Cozumel, then Roatan and Montego Bay.
9. MSC Cruise – Poesia – 7-Day cruise, also leaves from Fort Lauderdale, but heads to Falmouth and docks there for 5 nights before heading back to Florida.
10. MSC Cruise – Poesia – 7-Day cruise, once again departs from Fort Lauderdale (yes, there are a lot of them) and heads to St. Maarten, San Juan and Nassau.