Aquarium in Atlanta – Top 10 Must-Do Things!
Your children will enjoy the day at the aquarium in Atlanta. There are multiple exhibits that rotate occasionally that are hands on and interactive sure to stimulate young minds and spark their interest and curiosity. Check out our top 10 list of must do things at the Georgia Aquarium Atlanta GA.
1. Swim or Dive – Easily a once in a lifetime experience, here is the chance to swim or dive with a whale shark. It is the largest fish in the world. The costs range from $225 – $325 and guests 12 and older can participate.
2. Dolphin Tales – A gallery and exhibits geared to connect humans with the dolphins. Interactions with guides and animal trainers are available to learn more about the amazing mammals.
3. Behind the Scenes Tours – Among one of the coolest and fun things to do in Atlanta with kids, get up close and personal with all the fish and dolphins of the aquarium. Also tour the veterinary clinic and see where the trainers prepare food for the fish.
4. Sea Otter Encounters – This brand new interactive program allows young visitors to come face to face with the cutest river and sea creatures, otters. During this 40 minute interaction visitors will be able to watch trainers work with these darling animals, help prepare a well balanced meal for them and learn a ton of interesting facts about otters.
5. Shark Week – In collaboration with Discovery Channel, the aquarium in Atlanta will highlight sharks during Shark Week. Get an interactive experience with these mysterious creatures. Also see online streaming of the Ocean Voyager exhibit and shark cam.
6. Summer Sound Waves – The aquarium invites everyone to join them during their musical series this summer. Enjoy the sounds of local bands and musicians against the backdrop of this beautiful venue.
7. Lecture Series – Experts are available to discuss and answer questions about marine life. An educational program and teachable moment for children.
8. Camp H20 – Great camp for kids aged 5 -11 during summer, spring and winter breaks. The aquarium in Atlanta offers animal encounters, behind the scene tours and campers can meet with the animal caregivers.
9. Imagination Nights – Special pricing for Atlanta aquarium tickets on week days. Cool down by visiting after 6pm and still enjoying the same great shows and marine life experience.
10. Sleepovers – Imagine going to sleep next to a world class exhibit at the aquarium in Atlanta. Families and groups have the chance to sign up for this amazing after hours experience.
Check out some of the great places to eat in Atlanta before you head out to the park. You’ll want to keep your energy up for a fun-filled day of entertainment.