7 Things To Do Near Philadelphia If You Have Time
There are many wonderful and fun things to do in Philadelphia. There are also wonderful things to do near Philadelphia if you have the extra time.
Enjoy browsing through top seven things to do near Philadelphia to help you plan your next vacation.
1. Battleship New Jersey – Located in Camden, NJ this is one of the most decorated ships in the world and is open for tours as well as overnight stays. This is one of the most unique and fun things to do near Philadelphia for the entire family.
2. John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge – Visitors can stroll through this refuge; enjoy the many walking and hiking trails while they marvel at the wildlife.
3. Camden Aquarium – There are many wonderful and interactive exhibits for the entire family in this adventure aquarium such as Touch a Shark, Stingray Beach Club, Gills Clubhouse and the Sea Turtles. This is one of the best things to do near Philadelphia if you have some extra time.
4. Tower Theatre – Located in Bywood, PA the theatre started as a movie house in the 1920’s and is a venue for many big names today. A great place to catch a show if you have the time.
5. Poconos – You may either take a drive up the Poconos Mountains or enjoy one of the Poconos weekend getaways at any of the amazing hotels and bed and breakfasts.
6. Barclay Farmstead Nature Trail – Located in Cherry Hill, NJ this farmstead was built in 1816 and is restored to its original glory and features many period furnishing and artifacts.
7. Longwood Gardens – These are some of the most beautiful gardens in this area with their abundance of over 1000 species of plants and flowers. This is one of the most popular places to visit in Philadelphia.
Whether you plan to visit Philadelphia or you are a local, it’s clear that there are many fun things to do near Philadelphia. In addition to these many things to do near Philadelphia, visitors may enjoy taking a romantic Philadelphia dinner cruise down the Delaware River.