7 Things To Do Around Houston If You Have an Extra Day or Two!
There are 7 things to do around Houston if you have an extra day or two to add to your trip. Whether you have the kids or it’s just you and your partner, you are sure to enjoy these special attractions. Some are in Houston and others are just outside the Greater Houston area.
The 7 things to do around Houston if you have an extra day or two include:
1. Escapes to the Gulf at Galveston – Spending a day here with your kids or as a couple comes complete with time on the beach, fun and excitement. The water is always so warm and inviting, but calm enough that you can let the kids roam alone.
2. Go camping – One of the fun things to do in Houston with kids is camping. You can try the Lake Houston Wilderness Park for a couple of days filled with whitewater rafting, hiking and site -seeing.
3. Splashtown – If you want to spend time in a great water park, this is the one for you. In fact, there are two locations nearby. The first is in North Houston and the other is in Galveston. Depending upon how close you are, you can get in a full day or even two.
4. Visit the Sam Houston Statue – It’s not just a statue, there’s plenty to do. You can go to the Veteran’s Museum or spend time walking around Main Street, which is loaded with history. It’s is one of the best things to do around Houston because you can spend hours just gazing at the statue and taking photos. After all, it is the tallest in the United States.
5. Spend an afternoon at Lake Conroe – Since it gets so warm, one of the things to do in Houston is spending time in the water. Lake Conroe offers fishing, swimming and boating.
6. Historic Katy – Things to do around Houston also include going to visit Katy, Texas. The Forbidden Gardens is an outdoor museum featuring artifacts from Imperial China.
7. San Antonio – San Antonio located several hours away is home to the Alamo, one of the bloodiest battles in U.S. history. You can sail on the river on the tour boat or experience the River Walk for music, food and fun. Rest assured that the drive is worth it!