7 Rio De Janeiro Day Trips For Nature Lovers!
Rio de Janeiro is a very versatile city. It can switch it up from being the Samba capital to being a nature lover’s paradise. It has the perfect tropical climate to produce some of the most jungle carpeted mountain ranges you’ve ever seen. If you are ready to get in touch with nature, check out our list of Rio de Janeiro day trips.
1. Tijuca National Park – On this tour you’ll find several things to do in Rio de Janeiro national park. You can drive up into the rainforest and lose yourself in all that it has to offer. There’s bird-watching, small wildlife sightings and even a waterfall only a short hike away.
2. Corcovado Mountain – Home to one of the 7 Wonders of the World, but it also has so much more to offer. Rio de Janeiro day trips will give you the chance to explore the trails in and around the mountain as well as take you to the top via cog train to see the Christ the Redeemer statue.
3. Sugar Loaf Mountain – Rio de Janeiro day trips take passengers to the Sugar Loaf on a cable car tram. Several hiking trails are available throughout the area. On the foothills of the mountain you’ll have a spectacular view of the mouth of the Guanabara Bay.
4. Abrico Beach – A place for both nature and natural lovers. Yes, it is the official nude beach of Rio, however it has more to offer than meets the eye. The climate lends itself to producing several lush greenery and tropical plants on this beach. Nature lovers will discover plants species such as agavas, bromelias, cacti and hibiscus. Giant white egrets and lightening bugs show up to play at night.
5. Rio Zoo – Home of over 2100 animals and birds. Take a self guided walking tour and enjoy being outside for the day. The zoo is located to several Rio de Janeiro hotels.
6. Botanical Gardens – The gardens have been open since 1822. There are more than 6,500 plant species and over 140 bird species that call the gardens home. Several greenhouse and garden monuments are located inside that add to the beauty of the area.
7. Arpoador Rock – A giant rock that offers magnificent views of the Ipanema Beach and is the perfect setting for Rio de Janeiro day trips.
As you start planning to book your Brazil vacation packages, don’t forget to schedule time for some of this day trips as well.