When planning a visit to the Vienna Museum Quarter, visitors should consider including many of the fun and interesting Vienna attractions into their list of activities. Listed below are the 7 must-see places in Vienna Museum Quarter.
1. Hofburg Vienna – For over 600 years, this had been a residence for the Austrian sovereigns. Today it is a beautiful museum depicting the life of the Emperor Franz Joseph.
2. Leopold Museum – Visitors will find some of the most important collections of Modern Austrian Art in the world. Some of the collections on display include Egon Schiele, Gustav Klimt and Oscar Kokoschka.
3. AzW Museum of Architecture – To the locals, this is called the Architekturzentrum Wien. This is an amazing living venue for exhibitions of architecture. The AzW offers several large exhibitions per year. There is also a wide view of historical architecture as well as modern.
4. Mumok – this is a museum of natural art and offers many children’s workshops as well as tours to the public. Visitors may enjoy the over 9000 works of paintings, sculptures, drawings and photos. Of the many exhibitions, guests will find Picasso.
5. Tanzquartier – Known as TQW this is one of the most important dance houses in all of Europe. Located in the center of the Museum Quarter, guests can enjoy classes of contemporary dance training, yoga and ballet.
6. Kunsthalle Weir – This museum focuses mostly on contemporary art. Some of the exhibitions include Beirut, Space and Le Surrealisme c’est moi.
7. Belvedere Palace – Although this attraction is not directly located in Vienna Museum Quarter, it is a short 30-45 minutes walk from it. Still it is a must-see place in Vienna downtown. The complex consists of two palaces, the Upper and Lower Belvedere. This palace was built in the 18th century as a summer residence of the General Prince Eugene of Savoy. According to some Belvedere Palace facts, beautifully landscaped gardens are thought to be some of the finest in the world.
While staying in the Vienna Museum Quarter, visitors will be able to find many inexpensive hotels in Vienna, Austria. Many of these hotels are centrally located to any one of these listed attractions.