7 Must-Do Things During Munich Oktoberfest
One of the most popular destinations in Germany is Munich. This is mostly due to the Munich Oktoberfest. This is a well-known festival that is centered around the many different types of German beer. The Munich Oktoberfest originated in about 1810 as a horse race that was to celebrate a royal wedding. Today, the Munich beer festival greets about 6 million visitors a year. As much as anyone may love beer, they will need other things to do in Munich during this time. Here, we have compiled a list of 7 must-do things during Munich Oktoberfest.
1. Oktoberfest Carnival – This is held on the other side of the beerfest grounds and is a great way to spend an afternoon with the kids. Enjoy games, food, rides and the most popular spinning wheel.
2. Oktoberfest Opening Day Parade – This is quite a spectacle and not to be missed. Many great views of the parade may be right in front of the hotels in Munich, Germany as the parade winds its way through the streets of Munich on its way to Oktoberfest.
3. Das Wiesnzetl – This features a genuine Oktoberfest tent located in Lowenbrau Keller. Another option if you have trouble finding a table in one of the tents at Munich Oktoberfest.
4. Oktoberfest Costume and Riflemen’s Parade is a not to miss entertainment. Colorful traditional German costumes, lively music and endless fun are awaiting Oktoberfest guests.
5. Oide Wiesn is a special German delicacies tent located at the grounds of Munich Oktoberfest allowing its visitors to sample traditional German foods, dance to Bavarian music and admire at colorful costumes.
6. Krinoline Merry Go Round – hop on one of a kind vintage German merry go round to really soak up the fun of the Octoberfest and enjoy your times as a family.
7. Schichtl Variety Show – you can’t visit Munich Oktoberfest and not see this spectacular cabaret show that you will not witness anywhere else in the world.
It’s clear that when in Munich for the Munich Oktoberfest, there are also many other things to do in addition to all of the beer drinking going on. Be sure that when searching for Munich accommodation, you check out some of these amazing attractions as well.