7 Most Interesting Facts About Kings Theatre Glasgow
Commonly referred to as Scotland’s Broadway, Kings Theatre Glasgow is one of Scotland’s leading live entertainment venues. If you’re planning a tour of Scotland and wondering what to do in Glasgow, be sure to make King’s Theatre one of your stops. Here is some information about the historical theatre to get you started:
1. The historic theatre opened in 1904 and features the dramatic architectural design of famed architect Frank Matcham, and is currently in a major restoration designed to bring it into the forefront of modern amenity.
2. Those who want to contribute to this restoration can even sponsor a seat and have that seat dedicated to their specifications!
3. The King’s Theatre produces world-class drama, comedy, dance, musicals, and pantomime – truly something for everyone. The theatre’s broad range of offerings, including ticket prices and showtimes, can be found by visiting the King’s Theatre website or by calling the box office.
4. If you are visiting Scotland during the winter holiday season, Kings Theatre Glasgow features a Christmas pantomime theatre that is heralded to be one of the best in the United Kingdom, which features Scottish famed greats year after year.
5. Regardless of where you choose to stay during your Scotland vacation, there are many transportation options that make Kings Theatre Glasgow easily accessible, including bus, train, coach and taxi.
6. There are several Glasgow hotels within walking distance of the theatre, if you prefer to travel by foot.
7. King’s Theatre offers group rates to parties of ten or more, and discounts to large groups such as school or business groups. They even let you book now and pay later.
Kings Theatre Glasgow is just one several Glasgow attractions offering live entertainment, each offering different fare to suit a wide range of tastes. If live shows really tickle your fancy, be sure to also pay visits to Glasgow’s Theatre Royal and Glasgow Royal Concert Hall.