7 Interesting Things To Do In Old Montreal District
No visit to Montreal is complete without an extensive visit to the Old Montreal district. There are many fun and exciting things to do in Old Montreal District regardless if you are staying at one of the many Montreal boutique hotels or in one of the larger chains located outside this district.
Here you will find a list of the seven most interesting things to do in Old Montreal District.
1. Notre-Dame Basilica – In addition to one of the most beautiful buildings in Montreal, visitors will be held breathless by the amazing light and sound show depicting the wonderful history of this beautiful and amazing city.
2. Place Jaques-Cartier – When visitors are looking for things to do in Old Montreal District, this is the place to go and enjoy sitting out on one of the patios and enjoy a cup of coffee or browse through the many little shops.
3. Caleche Ride – Step back in time with an old-fashioned carriage ride through the district. This is one of the most popular things to do in Old Montreal District and a great way to see this side of town. This is one of the most romantic things to do in Montreal.
4. Montreal Science Center – This is one of the best things to do in Montreal for the entire family. Visitors will enjoy the many interactive machines as well as an IMAX theatre.
5. Chateau Ramezay Museum – Visitors will be able to view the history of Montreal through art and artifacts housed in this former Governor’s home. This is definitely one of the most visited Montreal museums.
6. Bonsecours Ceramic Center – Visitors can learn the art of ceramic making as well as enjoy the works of several up and coming ceramic artists.
7. Canadian Music Center – This is home to Canada’s largest collection of musical works including over 16,000 scores and recordings.
It’s clear by this list that there is no shortage of interesting things to do in Old Montreal District for the entire family. Whether you are a local, or just on a visit, you will find plenty to do to occupy your time.